Bars and clubs...

Dustyboi

the server is really heavily relying on strip clubs rn, it honestly feels like 3/4s of job ads are to work in strip clubs and 3/4 of active businesses are strip clubs lol

pls give more options other than roleplaying sex workers there's just like nothing there

Edited by books
13 hours ago, Frezemis said:

Remember! Property Management isn't your enemy! All it takes is a message to Nightmare Night/Wuhtah and including Selena and myself and we can discuss opportunities for unique roleplay.

OT

We are aware of the.. 2-4 bars being opened at once and the lack of other businesses like.. coffee shops and other unique roleplay businesses. For me to roleplay my character not being able to get freshly brewed coffee for the past few days made me realize there's literally no coffee shops opened during the timezone I play in. It's all clubs and bars. While we can't really do much and tell people not to run their businesses, we can limit the amount of clubs and bars we will be giving out towards the future to help level the playing field and I do agree, there are far too many clubs and bars right now. We will keep our eyes open for alternatives of how we can balance this out but at the current moment we have nothing. I will continue to keep eyes on this topic and read through the rest of the replies to see if there's any good ideas.

Script support for other “unique” businesses as well as a means to make money, because if they have to solely rely on players buying, they won’t be making much money. 

Also create 3D floating texts like scenes outside open businesses that are not open within dim 0. 

This allows a passer by to see that a business is open and go in for role play. Too many times I pass by businesses that might be open and it’s unknown because there’s literally no marker or visual cue to say it’s open. 

12 minutes ago, Glitch said:

Script support for other “unique” businesses as well as a means to make money, because if they have to solely rely on players buying, they won’t be making much money. 

Also create 3D floating texts like scenes outside open businesses that are not open within dim 0. 

This allows a passer by to see that a business is open and go in for role play. Too many times I pass by businesses that might be open and it’s unknown because there’s literally no marker or visual cue to say it’s open. 

/createscene can work as a scene or a sign.

14 hours ago, Frezemis said:

Remember! Property Management isn't your enemy! All it takes is a message to Nightmare Night/Wuhtah and including Selena and myself and we can discuss opportunities for unique roleplay.

That doesnt mean that this isn't a terrible solution;

If you want to lease something, there are three weeks in what appears to be a 3 to 5 month period in which you can properly file requests for leases. Those other times? You can't even see what is available to lease. Why not? This is just so discouraging. I understand that everything has gotten busier for the teams in the last 18 months, but it wasn't that long ago when you could just file a property request, or a lease request, and have it handled in about two weeks. Two weeks is a lot of time for some people, and they will already have lost interest. Perhaps its better to weed those people out, but we're talking about months now.

It just seems pointless to even bother with any of these requests. I understand you all work very hard, don't get me wrong. The system just doesn't work any more. If the basis can't be handled properly, how are we even going to start handling all these other issues around businesses?

41 minutes ago, mj2002 said:

That doesnt mean that this isn't a terrible solution;

If you want to lease something, there are three weeks in what appears to be a 3 to 5 month period in which you can properly file requests for leases. Those other times? You can't even see what is available to lease. Why not? This is just so discouraging. I understand that everything has gotten busier for the teams in the last 18 months, but it wasn't that long ago when you could just file a property request, or a lease request, and have it handled in about two weeks. Two weeks is a lot of time for some people, and they will already have lost interest. Perhaps its better to weed those people out, but we're talking about months now.

It just seems pointless to even bother with any of these requests. I understand you all work very hard, don't get me wrong. The system just doesn't work any more. If the basis can't be handled properly, how are we even going to start handling all these other issues around businesses?

This last property request - as 80 players can confirm, has been roughly 2 weeks OR LESS for the request to be accepted/denied.

Seeing how you weren't involved in it, you wouldn't have known. We have been switching things up but these things take time to get into the swing of things.

2 weeks may seem like a lot of time for you to get it accepted/denied but usually we are on contact or have our DMs open to discuss it. I'm not going to sit at my PC 24/7 to crank out property requests. It takes 20 mins to write it up, it takes much longer to review it.

I have IRL responsibilities, so does everyone else. Work with us as we are working with you.

I do agree that we should somehow show available leases. I'll talk to Nightmare Night on how we could do that. Perhaps we can set up an announcement. 

On top of that - requests either leases or properties are open every other week. Not 3-5 months.

Edited by Wuhtah
41 minutes ago, mj2002 said:

My point is that there can be a gap between these request weeks of over a month. That's a long time.

Not sure where you see that at unless you're talking about the gap of Christmas/New Years. If you're thinking we'd do property requests during those times that's kinda messed up.

The calendar shows every other week something is open.

13 minutes ago, Wuhtah said:

Not sure where you see that at unless you're talking about the gap of Christmas/New Years. If you're thinking we'd do property requests during those times that's kinda messed up.

The calendar shows every other week something is open.

Something being open doesn't help a player who is after a particular thing. Like I said earlier, don't get me wrong, I appreciate the work being put in. I just think the calendar is a badly thought out decision. 

3 hours ago, mj2002 said:

3 hours ago, Wuhtah said:

I didn't know that business leases were even included in this calendar, that's not good! I don't think that admins are at fault here, but rather the system used being extremely inefficient (for the players, anyway). The only way to fix this is to massively reevaluate the whole idea of properties (including businesses) - how to apply for them, how to get them, who checks applications, how many people, how do they do it etc. We need a new system that would either involve more people within the staff team or lower the quality of the application reviews in order to make both wait times and the workload reasonable.

It's not even unreasonable to quit wanting to portray a certain character after 2 weeks, it's not about weeding out the people who aren't serious - one could be extermely serious about portraying a specific character, but having to literally sit and wait for weeks - not to be accepted, but to have a shot at being accepted (aka also risk being denied) is understandably ridiculous. Imagine someone wanting to portray an auto garage owner and barely missing the window - even if they're extremely serious about it, waiting for a month so that they can start writing up the application, then waiting for another two weeks and find out someone else got it, meaning they have to wait for another month and then another two weeks etc. to have another chance of owning a business? Regardless of how excited or serious someone is, waiting even two weeks can be extremely demotivating (and it is, as we can clearly see it). 

All in all, businesses are obviously suffering at the moment. Everyone knows it, people are complaining about them left and right. There's no point in throwing blame around but we should be looking for solutions - the alternative will just hurt us even more.

People cry about not having other business opened, but every time I talk to someone that has something other than a nigh/strip club or bar he tells me he has difficulties in getting clients. 
I have managed a gym for a while now, and it happened for me to place 2 /bad's and not have one client enter (considering gyms kind of attract players because of the MMA thing and the possibility to enjoy some virtual violence)

• Wuhtah locked this topic