Bars and clubs...

Dustyboi

I do recall a few months back there was a sort of arcade / game store where one could play games such as the classic 'test your strength' hammer or claw game via rolls, or a fortune telling machine with fortunes made up by the staff. I found it to be really fun and an interesting vibe overall, not sure if it's still open these days as I can't remember the name exactly. The market for more niche services is there, but mentality of the community plays a part of it. I try and visit the smaller, more humble bars and diners from time to time because the character I play doesn't really vibe with the whole club atmosphere.

Ask people to please open their businesses that aren't nightclubs more than once every two months. There's loads of frozen businesses out there that people simply don't open and I really can't understand it. People want it and can't often build these themselves, why do people buy businesses to then never open? Do they just expect passive income?

54 minutes ago, Koko said:

Ask people to please open their businesses that aren't nightclubs more than once every two months. There's loads of frozen businesses out there that people simply don't open and I really can't understand it. People want it and can't often build these themselves, why do people buy businesses to then never open? Do they just expect passive income?

5 hours ago, PrinceCane said:

It’d be cool to see stuff like a internet cafe or a nail salon but like others mentioned people would complain about the lack of “unique” businesses but would never go to them.

This!.... I can't wait to see some of the business should pop up within the next few weeks!

3 hours ago, Scrat Knapp said:

I do recall a few months back there was a sort of arcade / game store where one could play games such as the classic 'test your strength' hammer or claw game via rolls, or a fortune telling machine with fortunes made up by the staff. I found it to be really fun and an interesting vibe overall, not sure if it's still open these days as I can't remember the name exactly. The market for more niche services is there, but mentality of the community plays a part of it. I try and visit the smaller, more humble bars and diners from time to time because the character I play doesn't really vibe with the whole club atmosphere.

Pixel Pete is still open almost every day, the only exception is that its based in Paleto Bay.

• Upvote 2
11 hours ago, thelostart22 said:

Okay here is a hot take on businesses. Some people open new businesses concept thinking it will bang but basically their "new concept" is just selling something uncommon so the rp provided here in its essence remains:

Customers gets in: hello I buy this

Seller: this amount of dollars please

Customers: bye

And then businesses owners are so very surprised the boom their idea created didn't sustain and that people don't come to their store anymore. 

So how to turn around this situation? Make businesses that provide an interesting service and rp experience rather than just selling script items. Here are a few ideas: Tailoring, I'm sure this had been done before, the idea being to rp the measurements and make each player coming in feel special and having their own unique rp from the business. Funerary services, organising burial ceremonies or such, in a city like ls this would certainly be useful. Pampering rp, hairdresser, etc, try to imagine the experience you'll provide to your customers. 

I've seen laundromat open before and I thought it was very cool but the experience was nothing more than self service and paying. So yes it provided a new scenery and hub for rp to take place in but it gets old rather fast. 

This is a HUGE problem. People who run these places are robots, and hire staff that are robots. They aren't invested in the business at all.. Examples of this could be..

An old bookshop where the owner makes recommendations on books and helps you pickout what you need.

An antique shop with only asian-antiques. Every antique a item with a story. Lots of history.

Just presenting a menu of fake-high prices goods will not lure people in except for the occasionally really bored person. It has to be an experience. Clubs and bars are an experience, albeit sometimes a rather dull one. It's not the people not coming, its the fact owners are not good at actually having enough personality to make the business ABOUT THEM and their persona being apart of it. They psychologically separate themselves from the business, seeing it as money making tool for themselves. Many business owners think their characters "Too good" to run the businesses so hire managers etc. This is just an issue with people not realizing their potential and boxing themselves in. Businesses should be an extension of yourself, and should become ICONIC places where people know each other.

• Wuhtah locked this topic