Bars and clubs...

Dustyboi

There are no real grocery stores that sell (goods) or (consumables), I'm not talking about 24/7s, I want to buy pretty mundane stuff for RP's sake or simply to rp cooking but all it boils down to is usually /charity and I don't wanna go to Davis mall to get some spaghet.

Also there are no vehicle rental places for boats, I see lots of people buying boats to only use 'em once or twice, if there were rental places maybe they'd rent one? I for one am looking to rent a Marquis because that shit is expensive but can't find any place doing that for the life of me.

It's all (night/strip)clubs, and bars, they're often boring, bland, too similar or have identity crisis trying to be too many things at once so I mainly stick to the calmest ones where I know I can get some chill roleplay and vibes out of them, would love to see more love for other businesses and new business models such as the bookstore in Mission Row.

If people really care about the OOC/IC moneygrind then they should focus on new business models more than most instead of copy pasting the same thing, as of right now anyone making a proper grocery store with goods will hold a monopoly over an untouched venue.

Edited by Eestino

Everyone is against bars and clubs and are constantly asking for other types of businesses to open. Problem is, when these other businesses do open, nobody goes to them. Especially if its a unique business that isn't your run of the mill club/bar. The problem is not the lack of other businesses opening. It's the people who are choosing to go to bars and clubs over those other businesses. 

It's unfortunate that it has to be like this. People on the server will prioritize going to a generic bar or club over going to a unique business that would bring unique RP experiences. 

Edited by ScarletRose
  • Upvote 6
9 minutes ago, ScarletRose said:

Everyone is against bars and clubs and are constantly asking for other types of businesses to open. Problem is, when these other businesses do open, nobody goes to them. Especially if its a unique business that isn't your run of the mill club/bar. The problem is not the lack of other businesses opening. It's the people who are choosing to go to bars and clubs over those other businesses. 

It's unfortunate that it has to be like this. People on the server will prioritize going to a generic bar or club over going to a unique business that would bring unique RP experiences. 

This. I been to restaurants or caffes, they are almost always empty. I also like themed bars and clubs, which are rare and most importantly arcades. Those are my favorite.

17 minutes ago, ScarletRose said:

Hit the nail on the head. I've seen unique businesses try to open and make it work, but no one ever shows up. They last a week or two and then they're gone. People harp about wanting different businesses to visit but will prioritize a bar or club every time. It really does suck.

Okay here is a hot take on businesses. Some people open new businesses concept thinking it will bang but basically their "new concept" is just selling something uncommon so the rp provided here in its essence remains:

Customers gets in: hello I buy this

Seller: this amount of dollars please

Customers: bye

And then businesses owners are so very surprised the boom their idea created didn't sustain and that people don't come to their store anymore. 

So how to turn around this situation? Make businesses that provide an interesting service and rp experience rather than just selling script items. Here are a few ideas: Tailoring, I'm sure this had been done before, the idea being to rp the measurements and make each player coming in feel special and having their own unique rp from the business. Funerary services, organising burial ceremonies or such, in a city like ls this would certainly be useful. Pampering rp, hairdresser, etc, try to imagine the experience you'll provide to your customers. 

I've seen laundromat open before and I thought it was very cool but the experience was nothing more than self service and paying. So yes it provided a new scenery and hub for rp to take place in but it gets old rather fast. 

• Upvote 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic