Car Theft/Vandalism & You

khadijeh.

I was honestly quite surprised to learn that the daily lists of cars to steal were coded from the start to include legal-faction only PD vehicles that provided zero parts, and that after all this time such has still not be fixed. I do think people should be able to pull mods and upgrades (at least those universal to most of them such as locks, alarms, XM, performance upgrades, etc) from any car to setup a kind of economy of aftermarket parts that would be cheaper but shadier as to where they were sourced from and the risk associated with that.

• 1 month later...

I dig some catalytic converter theft. Very immersive.

here’s an idea, be able to convert stolen goods/metal into components for businesses. Basically a new type of “fence” that can support shady business at a discounted rate.

I also think different techniques should be added at some point. Most cars on the road today are push to start and can’t be stolen from the traditional ram a screwdriver approach, or by messing with the ignition wiring. Professional car thieves have a device that catches the specific car fob signal when the victim uses it, and is replicated immediately into a clone or by the device itself. A common technique is to “scan” near the front door of homes for a signal as that’s where people usually store their keys. Food for thought.

Edited by kirbyz
  • How do you feel about the frequency of car theft?
    I've been personally stealing cars for a while now, still couldn't find where is the chop-shop even though I tried really hard looking/asking around for it. The frequency seems low in game however I see a lot of screenshots of people chopping cars so I think It's all good.

• How do you feel about IFM offering alternative routes instead of relying on the script?
    Stealing parts of the cars without the need of lockpicking sound very nice but we can also maybe have a thief script that allows us to steal parts from the trucking suppliers/docks/factories etc. So the one and only main source won't be vehicles.

• How do you feel about the current quality of car theft?
    Very good. But maybe people could just have a /sell option in somewhere else than chopshops where they can just get cash money. And they won't need to flip the parts around to have weapons then turn them to money.

• Have you ever seen information markers left at cars/buildings regarding metal having been stolen? 
    Not at all.
  • Wuhtah locked this topic