Signal Jammers [Car-Jacking Scene]

hipsxn

18 hours ago, LoLo.Jpg said:

Yes let's add EMP's as well, maybe a tactical nuke. Seriously though? I can't get behind this, seems super unrealistic and unpractical imo. 

In 2021? You can literally craft a FOB hijacker at home based on Google. It's how cars are stolen these days. Not every car has mechanical lock anymore.

23 hours ago, LoLo.Jpg said:

Yes let's add EMP's as well, maybe a tactical nuke. Seriously though? I can't get behind this, seems super unrealistic and unpractical imo. 

The majority of car thefts that specifically target more modern cars literally just hack open their electronic locks via some pretty basic shit.

If you want realism and practicality, then it should go even further and undo the lock as a whole, not just jamming the anti-theft from not sending out an alert/signal.

On 9/21/2021 at 7:03 PM, LoLo.Jpg said:

It's not "super unrealistical / unpractical" at all, especially with the evidence below.

On 9/22/2021 at 1:41 PM, Engelbert said:

In 2021? You can literally craft a FOB hijacker at home based on Google. It's how cars are stolen these days. Not every car has mechanical lock anymore.

On 9/22/2021 at 6:50 PM, Yoshijira said:

The majority of car thefts that specifically target more modern cars literally just hack open their electronic locks via some pretty basic shit.

If you want realism and practicality, then it should go even further and undo the lock as a whole, not just jamming the anti-theft from not sending out an alert/signal.

Back like a year or two ago, it was very frowned upon and even sometimes punishable to /vpark a vehicle unless it made actual sense to have it removed from view (i.e. you have access to a garage to park it in). Now I see people constantly /vpark after parking on a curb or in a parking lot, just to walk inside. Cars also are frequently /vparked by admins in entire areas to help combat server lag. 

So you combine this with the list of cars you get every server restart, which on a good day has maybe 3-5 cars worth stealing on it. You then drive around for literal hours sometimes, just trying to find one of these couple of cars unattended and not /vparked. Then you hope it's not in a safe zone, in any kind of populated area, or in too plain of view. Then, if you manage to actually find a target, you still have to contend with the fact that half the cars in the city have elaborate security systems that realistically would almost cost more than the car itself. 

All this for what usually amounts to a few thousand dollars in the thief's hands. It's a huge, time-consuming risk for very low reward. The only people that even bother to attempt it any more are the ones that do it because they enjoy the RP, because it's a very unproductive way to actually make money.

All this to say that yes, the current system is extremely imbalanced, and pretty much needs a total re-work.

11 minutes ago, Ellix said:

Back like a year or two ago, it was very frowned upon and even sometimes punishable to /vpark a vehicle unless it made actual sense to have it removed from view (i.e. you have access to a garage to park it in). Now I see people constantly /vpark after parking on a curb or in a parking lot, just to walk inside. Cars also are frequently /vparked by admins in entire areas to help combat server lag. 

So you combine this with the list of cars you get every server restart, which on a good day has maybe 3-5 cars worth stealing on it. You then drive around for literal hours sometimes, just trying to find one of these couple of cars unattended and not /vparked. Then you hope it's not in a safe zone, in any kind of populated area, or in too plain of view. Then, if you manage to actually find a target, you still have to contend with the fact that half the cars in the city have elaborate security systems that realistically would almost cost more than the car itself. 

All this for what usually amounts to a few thousand dollars in the thief's hands. It's a huge, time-consuming risk for very low reward. The only people that even bother to attempt it any more are the ones that do it because they enjoy the RP, because it's a very unproductive way to actually make money.

All this to say that yes, the current system is extremely imbalanced, and pretty much needs a total re-work.

It should be fun roleplaying it. If you treat it as money grinder, you are doing it wrong.

• Wuhtah locked this topic