Aging up + crime

Anders

The whole aging up thing is flawed from the start. If you want to age your character up, you can't force everyone to age up. The same way that you can't say you went in twelve hours for murder. I think you should be forced to age up in order to prevent people who commit war crimes and are still 16, it's just people shouldn't question your age up.

• Upvote 4
  • Applaud 1

Age-ups are a thing, it's your character that will age up not everyone else, I aged up my character to give him more experience on the field, it makes little sense to those you already know, especially those that know how old you are but for the sake of character progress it's not bad.

Either way I agree that people should age up accordingly even though they don't, usually people pretend it was last year or so that they ended in the can

Edited by Eestino

We have to be lenient about a few minor details for the sake of fun, too much realism is bad, too much fun leads to less realism making it less fun. it's a slippery slope. 

If you're roleplaying with a large group of players aka a faction, I highly doubt it'll do anything for their immersion to roleplay being 5 or 10 years out of prison when in real time for them it's only been a couple months, you aged up and they didn't, that's kinda weird don't you think? I believe aging up should kept real time and enforcing anything is just making it plain weird for people. I'm all in for roleplay consequences for my actions but sometimes it's too much.

• Upvote 2
8 minutes ago, Vassilios said:

The whole aging up thing is flawed from the start. If you want to age your character up, you can't force everyone to age up. The same way that you can't say you went in twelve hours for murder. I think you should be forced to age up in order to prevent people who commit war crimes and are still 16, it's just people shouldn't question your age up.

1 hour ago, Vassilios said:

^

depends on what u rp. say u rp 16 and u get booked on some minor shit like assault+battery u can just npc doing a couple months in juvie or rp in jail and age up to 17 or 18 after some time. it would be different in a case where youre rping a 23yo and u get booked for 2nd degree homicide then getting out just a week later and still being 23, in that case you should at least age up to like 27-30 and go on parole.

I believe the aging up is related to what kind of character you are roleplaying and in what roleplay you are involved when you are supposed to grow up.

Because, for me, it's important to give other people realism at its best, and so I believe it's appropriate to roleplay a "character aging" when you don't affect other people's roleplay in a bad way.

• Wuhtah locked this topic