dungeon masters

dbdizk2

On 9/17/2021 at 10:58 PM, Coburn said:

Good lord no, anyone who's witnessed at least one riot on this shitshow knows why that's never gonna happen.

the riots on this server were honestly the most exciting stuff i've ever been apart and roleplayed with on this server. later riots were bog-downed by crashes, but that original one in august was absolutely sublime, action packed, and a welcomed break from the monotonous nature of regular gtaw roleplay.

• Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1

The true "dungeon masters" here are the creative types who create roleplay scenarios for other people. Be that someone setting up a protest/riot, someone leading a band that does gigs, or pretty much anyone that bands characters together for a purpose. 

Edited by books

At the port we let people create their own scenes, e.g. we inspect containers and whomever (if anybody) decides that the container is leaking/damaged/wrong spot or whatever thing that makes CLEAR LOGICAL SENSE becomes the DM for that scene, people ask in /do and he replies in /do, else we'd just be mindlessly doing the same thing over and over, the job would get boring, people would quit because ultimately you want to roleplay not stare at a container and copy paste the same emote, you want something engaging, we also create chemical issues like spills and whatnot and have more plans for the future to involve our fellow LEO frens.
I think DMs are a good idea, I don't get where the whole D&D idea comes from, if you think about it that way, any event held by LSGOV or whatever other entity is also a big "DM" event because it was created by someone, for a purpose, for players to play in.

• Wuhtah locked this topic