29 minutes ago, Свето said:

Here is how you get rich

>200k starter pay check

>Apply for a PF

>Buy 2 PF guns for 8k a piece, sell to new criminal roleplayer for 55k

> Make 94k

> Become a mechanic get paid 30% comission

> Work for 6 hours a day

> Make 100+k a day (car mods are expensive)

> Do it for 2 months

> Make 6+ million

Or become a mapper and charge 700k.

P.S: Garages don't make that money since they changed it, that's why you don't see many garages open.

20 hours ago, bonk said:

Because people don't understand the concept of developing a character on a roleplay server, they'd much rather use it to fulfill their NFS Banham Canyon edition fantasies and predatory OOC lusts.

and basically playing it as habbo hotel/second life

it didn't used to be like this and i seem to be the weird one for noticing the shift that happened some time between 2018 and now

On 9/16/2021 at 10:51 AM, Paenymion said:

You would have the money, but it would be imaginary money.  What I mean is basically just scrapping that number in the top right completely.  Basically everything would be "free" scriptly but you only buy it if you could justify having it based on your character's background/work/story.  As I said, would never happen.  It would cause too many people to go "wtf" and leave.  Just a vision of something completely different where RP is placed above all else 🙂

in my opinion this is "true" roleplay that avoids all the rpg parts, "rpg" being a very dirty word in this community from what i recall

i think the 5k per hour starting money was put in place to try and achieve this in the first place, and it still could if it was enforced better

Edited by shaobadman

Again, we have issues telling rpg and roleplaying apart. Roleplaying a concept does not mean, said character has to develop to something. No roleplaying means, creating a concept character and portraying that. It's really easy as that. If you want to portray a wealthy businessman, you need few things for that. A business, money and class. You cannot get those when you create a new character, so you have to infact create a completely different character, gain funds needed to start your actual concept and discard the character you used. Development was never, EVER part of roleplaying basics. It's more or less added for those who wish for some more progression and feeling of accomplishment. Roleplaying is acting, you learn the role, you play it. End of story.

Edited by Engelbert
  • Applaud 1
2 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

Again, we have issues telling rpg and roleplaying apart. Roleplaying a concept does not mean, said character has to develop to something. No roleplaying means, creating a concept character and portraying that. It's really easy as that. If you want to portray a wealthy businessman, you need few things for that. A business, money and class. You cannot get those when you create a new character, so you have to infact create a completely different character, gain funds needed to start your actual concept and discard the character you used. Development was never, EVER part of roleplaying basics. It's more or less added for those who wish for some more progression and feeling of accomplishment. Roleplaying is acting, you learn the role, you play it. End of story.

some people become so confused about what rp is, they may think it's fine for an 18 year old woman and a 46 year old man to appear in the city around the same time, regardless of whether the character's story has them being an existing resident or newcomer, and be required to do menial work and build up their wealth, completely ignoring what preexisting assets they may already have

when you refer to "development" i don't know if you mean economic development (building funds/wealth) but if so then you nailed it, because how much fictional work exists where we're actively following characters in their extremely uninteresting work life, it mostly happens off screen

So let me get this straight. It's okay for me to roleplay a bottom feeding fiend that's so broke they need their friends to carry them financially. But the second I roleplay being wealthy I need to answer a thousand questions on arbitrary applications for everything, be taxed significantly and hand over more than half my paycheck AND justify to random people why I play? No offense, but that sounds stupid and like something a communist would say.

13 minutes ago, shaobadman said:

some people become so confused about what rp is, they may think it's fine for an 18 year old woman and a 46 year old man to appear in the city around the same time, regardless of whether the character's story has them being an existing resident or newcomer, and be required to do menial work and build up their wealth, completely ignoring what preexisting assets they may already have

when you refer to "development" i don't know if you mean economic development (building funds/wealth) but if so then you nailed it, because how much fictional work exists where we're actively following characters in their extremely uninteresting work life, it mostly happens off screen

Yes, what I meant with development are those menial tasks jrpg and mmorpgs introduced. Heres its economical leveling. I cannot count how many times I seen people going from teen mechanic rookies up to club owners. While they are free to do so, I went other way. I created a part timer in Morningwoods 24/7 worked there, while rping attending acting classes. When I got enough money, I rped things not working out for said character and retiring her back to her homeland. I renamed, changed her face and started a new character with a new story and more money.

• Upvote 1

People don’t always want to RP a middle class average joe. It’s that simple. It’s an RP server where you should be able to portray anything you want within the standards set by the server. If people want to RP a rich person, so what? I have no issue with that. The issue becomes when portrayal of said rich character is piss poor and takes away from the overall quality in the server. RP whatever you want, just don’t be shit at it. When it is shit, RPQM should be there to slap you straight. 

i want becoming rich to be my current character's final arc of character development, after which i'll give her a rest and main another character. and since I do look at it as the final arc... the road to get there will be slow and believable. which can be a bit challenging since I don't exactly find making money that difficult. but then again... I'll get CKed before getting there anyway most likely.

• Wuhtah locked this topic