how and why are there so many rich people

np

Its just a matter of portrayal in the end, just cause I have the money doesnt mean Ill spend it on a super sports car. The characters that do are the type to hand you brown bags with dollar signs on them when they pay you (yes that hapoened) and have no real grasp of how to actually portray a realistic character. Reducing the starter checks wouldnt fix much either considering the high price on some, realistically, fairly affordable cars along with the high prices on small apartments. 

16 hours ago, Hendrixx20 said:

It's GTAW Mentality dude, I can make 40k in two hours just by serving some drinks and guarding some clubs, no offence.

I don't understand. How are you going to make 40k in two hours "guarding some clubs?"

Edited by Oak
2 minutes ago, Daquan Kingston said:

Entrance fee tips plus salary plus hourly default paycheck as a new player. Way too easy.

I don't think entrance fee goes to the guard, it rather goes to the owner of the club. Plus, you need at least 40 hours in the server to obtain GC, which wouldn't qualify you to receive 5k pay cheques.

Edited by Oak
1 minute ago, Daquan Kingston said:

I literally wrote entrance fee TIPS, some people pay 1k/2k, or even 5k instead of 650$

So, we're going to base the whole argument on the assumption that the guards at the entrance of the club are receiving such portions of money. 
That entirely is based on luck and cannot be used as a justification to say that the bouncers or guards are receiving that much amount of money. Because they're usually left with only their base pay cheque per hour. 

2 minutes ago, Oak said:

So, we're going to base the whole argument on the assumption that the guards at the entrance of the club are receiving such portions of money. 
That entirely is based on luck and cannot be used as a justification to say that the bouncers or guards are receiving that much amount of money. Because they're usually left with only their base pay cheque per hour. 

It’s your character’s disability that he/she is unable to find a profitable job and earn his bucks. Some politeness and fresh RP makes people tip you in money showers. If a person’s goal is to make money, the server allows you to make plenty. Even six digits in one day.

2 minutes ago, Daquan Kingston said:

It’s your character’s disability that he/she is unable to find a profitable job and earn his bucks. Some politeness and fresh RP makes people tip you in money showers. If a person’s goal is to make money, the server allows you to make plenty. Even six digits in one day.

I am glad that you're making six digits out of politeness and fresh RP then. But I wouldn't think that it'd apply to your every day Joe. I guess majority of guards have the disability to not make such large portions, I see. 

Regarding portrayal: if your character is a young adult who owns their own one/two bedroom house or condo (no mortgage) and owns their car (no lease) that weren't inherited - you're definitely in the well off category. Especially in a big west coast city. You're not lower class just because you think your character's recently acquired house is "shitty" or "small". The dudes with hella expensive cars aren't the only ones ignoring a real life economy parallel.

Just let people RP rich if they wanna be rich, RP poor if they wanna be poor, and RP middle class if they wanna be something in between. We're here to RP alternative life stuff, not grind jobs, or log-in to do 9-to-5, or do our taxes. If I wanna RP a rich middle-aged gaudy Armenian who flashes wealth and owns a business, I don't wanna have to grind some script job or justify it to people.

Edited by Gecko
  • Wuhtah locked this topic