how and why are there so many rich people

np

12 hours ago, DLimit said:

"As someone whos had their car stolen twice in a single night I can tell you, that no having your car stolen every other day is not really a story enrichment, it's annoying OOC chop list abuse that's what it is"

Had my vehicle stolen, twice, in 2.5 years without /vparking any of my vehicles. Why are you having all of this bad luck with robberies and car thefts, man?

Location matters. The hours in which you leave your vehicle out in the open matter too. This goes for robberies as well. A lot of low-quality crime happens in the mornings, for example.

a lot of people dont care for realistic standards to their roleplay and treat the server like it's a video game instead of rp where they're playing a person

an equal amount have unrealistic and illogical reasons to their standards that dont make sense and dont take actual reality into account

then there's the people in the middle that just ignore their bank account and RP their characters and end up racking up a lot of money as a result

Maybe it's just because whenever you name change you don't lose any assets so people just play for a long time and acquire arbitrary amounts of money. You can figure with the 200k you get for your existing bonus, it adds up to be a lot if you clock any sort of substantial hours. I think the deep dive on crime is a little much lol. 

Edited by Dodo
14 hours ago, Dodo said:

Maybe it's just because whenever you name change you don't lose any assets so people just play for a long time and acquire arbitrary amounts of money. You can figure with the 200k you get for your existing bonus, it adds up to be a lot if you clock any sort of substantial hours. I think the deep dive on crime is a little much lol. 

Because assets are, mostly, not in-character, so why you lose them? My broke hustler character coincidentally has $3,500,000 in his bank account because I map on it sometimes. That's not wealth that should be portrayed as such. And that's the case for, well, most people on the server.

8 hours ago, Mahitto said:

assets are, mostly, not in-character

As a relatively new player (Been playing for roughly 2-3 months)  I don't see a single reason how this makes sense. If you do something dumb to end up dead ,that's it, the character is dead. 

Your apartment/house goes on sale to some other owner who actually pays the money that you did when you bought the place. 

This is exactly the reason why you see 100% of houses around LS claimed despite there being no occupants at all. 

I feel like there should be a curb on people hoarding houses @Property Management

Owning more than one apartment is okay, those are expandable and exist at mass quantity but a single player should not be allowed to have ownership for more than one house IMO because it destroys opportunity for someone else. And fuck your house flipping/renting schemes if anyone reading this post does it. 

Owning previous assets seems very metagamey to me personally and I have no idea how is that a thing on this server. If your char has a family (another player, not your own dif. char.) Then it's okay to give them the ownership. 

Somebody please explain. 

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, Bluerrey said:

As a relatively new player (Been playing for roughly 2-3 months)  I don't see a single reason how this makes sense. If you do something dumb to end up dead ,that's it, the character is dead. 

Your apartment/house goes on sale to some other owner who actually pays the money that you did when you bought the place. 

This is exactly the reason why you see 100% of houses around LS claimed despite there being no occupants at all. 

I feel like there should be a curb on people hoarding houses @Property Management

Owning more than one apartment is okay, those are expandable and exist at mass quantity but a single player should not be allowed to have ownership for more than one house IMO because it destroys opportunity for someone else. And fuck your house flipping/renting schemes if anyone reading this post does it. 

Owning previous assets seems very metagamey to me personally and I have no idea how is that a thing on this server. If your char has a family (another player, not your own dif. char.) Then it's okay to give them the ownership. 

Somebody please explain. 

Because assets don't reflect one's financial situation. You need way, way more money to role-play a poor character than to role-play a rich one. You can find a high-end penthouse and two sports SUVs or exotic cars within minutes, for $100k-$200k. You'll need weeks, if not months, and pretty much millions of dollars do find a run-down house in a low-income area. And because it's extremely easy to make money. Both ICly and OOCly. If everyone role-played their wealth, we'd just be a server of 1%ers. How many people have $200,000 in their banks in real life? Not many. Here? Well, it's the norm.

7 hours ago, knppel said:

Who again forces you to charge assets you do not need for mapping?

Yet another lame excuse to hoard money and act poor

That's a very passive aggressive and also super ignorant reply. The reason why I charge for mapping is because I can. That's the reason why everyone does, well, everything. It's mostly like a full-time job. I often spend 4-6, sometimes even 8 hours a day working on the same project, then finishing it, then deleting it all and starting again, doing my research, coming up with custom objects, with custom color palettes, generating accurate and to-size floorplans, then trying various layouts and setups and more, to come up with my best interiors. Would you take the responsibility of a full-time job for nothing in return except for 'thank you's? No, you wouldn't. So don't comment if I or anyone else does.

Regardless, I've had rich characters, I've had poor characters. On my last rich character? I had a $150k luxury penthouse I found right off the bat, drove a $200,000 sports car. On my character so far? It took me over $100,000 in ads, added up, to buy what I needed to role-play. Spend $700,000 on a run-down house in Rancho, because there are literally 0 for sale. Spent over $400,000 on furniture to make my places look run-down. Spent over $200,000 on shitty cars and added rust and stuff to make them look bad. And much, much more. It's much more expensive to be poor than it is to be rich, and that's a pretty obvious and well-known thing. And now I can afford to drop thousands in all directions to power up role-play for many more people and businesses that would realistically work with my character's business but can't afford to do so in most cases.

It doesn't even matter. Assets are not an IC thing for most people, and that's okay. We're here to role-play, or most of us are anyway, not to get rich. Considering how easy it is to make money? I don't even see the problem.

• Upvote 2
11 minutes ago, Mahitto said:

The reason why I charge for mapping is because I can.

That is ignorant from you if simultaneously you complain about unrealistic assets here.

You're not forced to charge the maximum price that the rules allow for a job.

Don't get me wrong, I map too and know how much effort it takes but you're not FORCED to demand the maximum mapping fees (or any at all).

If you do so despite your character not needing the money, you're contributing to the problem, and hoard money your character should not have same as a truck-grinder.

That mapping can be art doesn't change this fact.

You can just as much map for item commission fee if it was about the mapping.

But you even state you want to make money ooc opposed to roleplay around it.

I get it, others do it too, but still you're part of the problem if you do it too, and not part of the solution (which would be to not milk people ooc so to not force them to grind in return unless once again it is an in character motivation to make money.)

Edited by knppel
6 minutes ago, knppel said:

That is ignorant from you if simultaneously you complain about unrealistic assets here.

You're not forced to charge the maximum price that the rules allow for a job.

Don't get me wrong, I map too and know how much effort it takes but you're not FORCED to demand the maximum mapping fees (or any at all).

If you do so despite your character not needing the money, you're contributing to the problem, and hoard money your character should not have same as a truck-grinder.

That mapping can be art doesn't change this fact.

You can just as much map for item commission fee if it was about the mapping.

But you even state you want to make money ooc opposed to roleplay around it.

I get it, others do it too, but still you're part of the problem if you do it too, and not part of the solution (which would be to not milk people ooc so to not force them to grind in return unless once again it is an in character motivation to make money.)

Not sure who told you that but I'm not charging the maximum price allowed? I'm charging just as much as any other person does.

Why would you put hundreds of hours into something and get nothing in return? What's wrong with using that money to empower more role-play for both my character and others? 

2 minutes ago, Mahitto said:

Why would you put hundreds of hours into something and get nothing in return? What's wrong with using that money to empower more role-play for both my character and others? 

Ad 1:

to create a better playing environment for the location, which is the prime idea behind mapping in a game, not ensuring interior decorator is a profitable job (not like most would rp it)

Ad 2:

The wrong is stated by yourself and you're contradicting your own statement. You said above yourself you make more money than you'd ever use.

Then why make money at all and not do it to simply create suitable locations for people to roleplay in?

• Wuhtah locked this topic