how and why are there so many rich people

np

The system is not the problem, the people here are. We just need more surveillance in that regard I'm tired of seeing so many mallrats. I would much rather see normal citizens, legal ones. You don't need a big car to be a civilian, that goes to a couple of cops for example, either they are on duty 24/7 or when they go off duty they hop in a 200.000$ car. (Not all and is just an example, goes just as well to GOV etc all other factions).

So the roleplay and the background story should be more sharply put into the spotlight and it must be kept to these rules.

Edited by AVAR
40 minutes ago, Sush said:

This is already in the server. Millionaires already lose money on hourly paychecks due to overall assets. If yall stepped up your sigma grindsets you would have this happening to you already.

Losing 300-500$ per hour while getting bonuses or some easy cash grabs makes it irrelevant. The fact is that literally everybody can become a millionaire within 1 month, and climb all the way to 5M by being in some basic income faction or having a basic business. If you are a person that thinks this is fine as it is, then GTA world is the place for you with it’s medium tier economy immersion.

27 minutes ago, Daquan Kingston said:

Losing 300-500$ per hour while getting bonuses or some easy cash grabs makes it irrelevant. The fact is that literally everybody can become a millionaire within 1 month, and climb all the way to 5M by being in some basic income faction or having a basic business. If you are a person that thinks this is fine as it is, then GTA world is the place for you with it’s medium tier economy immersion.

Why does everything have to be an insult. This is a video game, I already work 40 hours a week. I shouldn't have to constantly work in game when I get home just to be able to go out to eat in a video game. Roleplay within your character's means, that's literally it. The people complaining about too many millionaires are the same people complaining about people who grind script jobs, which is all that would happen if you made money harder to hold onto. God forbid you have a character that isn't working at burger shot with one eye, four diseases, heterochromia, and a limp. Some days it feels like we're playing the victim olympics with whose character is more oppressed with the outlook that's been going on. 

And if we're gonna make it personal; for someone who openly brags about not playing this server anymore you sure do have a lot of opinions about it. 

Edited by Sush
  • Applaud 2
15 minutes ago, Sush said:

Why does everything have to be an insult. This is a video game, I already work 40 hours a week. I shouldn't have to constantly work in game when I get home just to be able to go out to eat in a video game. Roleplay within your character's means, that's literally it. The people complaining about too many millionaires are the same people complaining about people who grind script jobs, which is all that would happen if you made money harder to hold onto. God forbid you have a character that isn't working at burger shot with one eye, four diseases, heterochromia, and a limp. Some days it feels like we're playing the victim olympics with whose character is more oppressed with the outlook that's been going on. 

Funfact: Millionaires or not. They earned those money. I would consider it an insult if they just posted up a bot, as people did on GTMP. If you are in game, working or rping and you earn money, you deserve them. Some people grinded the 24/7 jobs yes, but they discarded those characters and renamed them. Doesn't mean they didn't roleplay working in 24/7 or elsewhere. In my eyes, that's a plausible grind to set up a millionaire character. If staff has something against it, they can always put up a new rule. But roleplay happened - check. That character is no longer among the living - check. New character starts as a millionaire which is perhaps their concept from the beginning? - check.

Also what @DLimit just said. It's about portrayal. You can always disregard the money you get. Either /charity them. Or save them up in case you are CK'd to have a new game+ start on your new concept.

Here is an example of what I did. Not sure if it's fine, but I roleplayed stealing a bicycle. Now you cannot force anyone to give you a bicycle, so I roleplayed stealing one and bought exactly same bicycle for myself.

Edited by Engelbert
  • Upvote 2
5 hours ago, mj2002 said:

This is not really true though. You can roleplay properly and still earn a lot of money. That money has to come from somewhere. Its mostly funneled into the economy through paychecks. Reduce those, and you automatically reduce the amount of characters that can afford expensive sports cars and are able to offer >$3 million for a Mirror Park house.

It still boils down to the player's portrayal. The script money isn't all IC money. Who earns welfare every hour in the real world? If people didn't take every OOC dollar as IC dollars, then this wouldn't be an issue.

I think a problem is that there's no immediate solution other than RPQM, which take ages (often longer than the character will ever even exist considering server trends) and honestly most people don't care enough about a random's collection of cars or houses to go through the process. Civilian RPers are left as independent agents with no oversight from things like FM or IFM (other than those who are, obviously, part of factions under the control of them), and this practice has become "a secret to everybody", with people guilty of this having no IC regard for their money, and throwing it away for their OOC inclinations.

I ultimately don't care, all I care for is that peoples' stories are internally consistent. If they want to RP rich, then go ahead, I personally find it boring as hell, but we all play here to get enjoyment from different things. But I think that we do need more emphasis on establishing somewhere in the rules what the difference is between IC and OOC money. The tutorial as it is already makes this conversion of $10 IG = $1 IRL which is completely untrue to begin with when you actually play in the server.

I do think the server has to take a definite stance on the matter of money so that standards are clear and players can be guided into better portrayal. But the problem is dealings in GTAW are so bizarre that any character who isn't an absolute social inept can walk himself starting from zero into advantageous economic positions just by being moderately eloquent and active. And those deals were struck IC. It's just that suddenly your rags to riches story takes place in two months, not half a lifetime, and it's completely legitimate ICly because other players willingly accepted these terms.

Just for fun: make a catfish Facebrowser account, make a decent Menyoo picture of an attractive female character and caption it "new in the city, looking for a place to stay 🥰" and watch people literally offer you an apartment, or to pay for all your expenses for your 'attention'.

Taxing the shit out of people or finding sinks for all that money won't solve the root cause which is bad self inserts of people just wanting to roleplay a rich cop or a high rolling gangster that made it out of the hood, it's something the players can assist in fighting along with active administration, money being thrown at new players is a good thing as it honestly saves the new player from the grind before you RP mindset since they already get enough money to buy a cheap apartment and a car, if not they can just rent indefinitely.

Restrict the portrayal of rich characters to those that earn it rather than live off past characters wealth, no more uwu my dad was a billionaire and he died saving two children and left me his wealth so now I go clubbing everyday and drift with my f&f knock off friends. You're a businessman/woman with an active business/source of income that generates RP along with money? good for you, you're a good person, you're rich because you grinded on previous characters and it accumulated so now you're roleplaying a trustfund baby that didn't work a day in their life? too many of those around, do better.

• Wuhtah locked this topic