LEO's members limitation

Swag

You can't possibly argue that "there's too many LEOs" when you look at the crime rates and what's happening around; look at all the videos that are being uploaded daily, all the dead bodies on every turn you take. If the crime increases, so will the LEO response appropriately. There should never, ever be an equality between the illegal roleplay and LEO roleplay. If you challenge a cop, you'll be challenged back, three or five times harder. The LEOs respond accordingly to the threat.

Doing a regular traffic stop, three guys jump out -- gun the LEO down. That's the reason why you'll have 3 or 5 cars responding to every basic call, to every traffic stop, to every nuisance that realistically wouldn't require such a response. The LEOs proportionally respond to whatever is happening out there. Even with the current faction numbers (talking LSPD) it's hard sometimes to manage.

The crime ramps up, so does the law enforcement, and bounces five times harder.

I understand the approach of having a cap at some point as to not overflow the server with too many LEO characters resulting in a "cops and robbers" situation. However, in its current state, none of the legal factions are able to keep up with their dedicated workload, including law enforcement factions despite a total number of 300-400 players under their wing. Dedicated units lack staffing and lots of situations and calls remain unanswered. Part of that comes due to calls being "not interesting" or tiring after the 152nd time ("body & casings"), but the majority really comes down to a lack of staffing. At peak, you have up to 30-40 LEO characters around on a player count between 600-800 players. Yet, more than often, situations remain unanswered simply because there is no one available.

Situations are ment to be roleplayed at a certain standard and not rushed back to back. An impactful scene will take manpower and time to be handled and thus other calls remains unattended. These impactful situations can be anything from a simple noise complaint all the way up to the death of an on-duty Officer. It is not a simple roll up, shoot and then leave as it has been on LSRP. Actions have consequences and different entities are utilized along the way - crime scene investigations, medical and coroners, force investigations / IA, etc. On top of that, specialized units focus on their nieche area and put more efforts into situations they are apart, such as the LSPDs Gang Enforcement Detail, splitting up the few on-duty LEOs in the active patrol section and the specialized sections with their individual responsibilities.

Off peak, you usually deal with a handful of LEOs and run a skeleton crew, barely able to handle a single situation with the scarce numbers you hold up. What both peak and off peak have in common, however, is that you always lack staffing. That you are always too little people to handle the volume of calls and have to improvise. Where in real life, you have 20+ Officers on a crime scene handling the scene itself, perimeter, witness statements and the likes, ingame you have to do all the same with a handful of people in a war zone enviroment with people having no common sense or regard for consequences - let alone their life.

3 hours ago, Swag said:

Short description: Limit the amount of LEO members within the server.

Detailed description: Right now, I feel like there are just too many LEO members on the server, true though, there is also a lot of crime going on and a lot of illegal players to deal with, but I, as one who roleplaying in a LEO faction, would be happy to see some restriction on how many LEOs can be on the server, Because as far as I understand there is currently no limit. I feel the ratio right now is not really right because as of now, on every niner or call there are too many LEO's responding in, even when they shouldn't or not needed at all as sufficent number of members already responded, and that's mostly due to boredom and inaction (sometimes), especially during peak times, when there are BUNCH of active LEO members online.
I also think it will give more freedom to illegal roleplayers on the server, a little less supervision and more freedom, at the moment I do not know many people who have managed to evade the LEOs and it's just "not fair" and nearly to be not possible to do so.

This will also improve the interest in having more roleplay for each of the LEOs, and also more freedom and fun for illegal roleplayers.

How would your suggestion improve the server? Explained above.

Dude are you crazy? Give me that shit you're smoking lmao. Total no from me, doing organized crime roleplay on this server is a joke because there's literally almost no consequences and the chances of getting in trouble with the police is extremely small, there's barely any people to investigate serious crime and organized crime groups. What more freedom could you want, there's a handful of detective in PD and a handful in SD and they at best can properly look into let's say 3 faction, whilst there are pages and pages of factions and unofficial groups that basically have little to no police interaction.

• Wuhtah locked this topic