LEO's members limitation

Swag

Short description: Limit the amount of LEO members within the server.

Detailed description: Right now, I feel like there are just too many LEO members on the server, true though, there is also a lot of crime going on and a lot of illegal players to deal with, but I, as one who roleplaying in a LEO faction, would be happy to see some restriction on how many LEOs can be on the server, Because as far as I understand there is currently no limit. I feel the ratio right now is not really right because as of now, on every niner or call there are too many LEO's responding in, even when they shouldn't or not needed at all as sufficent number of members already responded, and that's mostly due to boredom and inaction (sometimes), especially during peak times, when there are BUNCH of active LEO members online.
I also think it will give more freedom to illegal roleplayers on the server, a little less supervision and more freedom, at the moment I do not know many people who have managed to evade the LEOs and it's just "not fair" and nearly to be not possible to do so.

This will also improve the interest in having more roleplay for each of the LEOs, and also more freedom and fun for illegal roleplayers.

How would your suggestion improve the server? Explained above.

Just now, zaXer. said:

on every niner or call there are too many LEO's responding in,

what. my experience is totally the opposite, i often wait 15-20-30 minutes and need to send 200 9-1-1 calls before someone ccomes

imo, it's just depends on the interest the members have about a certain call, if it's an interesting one, trust me you'll see there 10+ units in no time.

2 minutes ago, Swag said:

imo, it's just depends on the interest the members have about a certain call, if it's an interesting one, trust me you'll see there 10+ units in no time.

i know, and that is the problem, not the fact there are too many cops.

if you call a shots fired or a robbery there's gonna be half the server police coming.

if you call for a dead body on the street you'l have to be very persistent to actually get a cop to come

if there are more cops responding to actual cop related calls rather than to every shoot-out, eventually it will balance itself

Just now, zaXer. said:

i know, and that is the problem, not the fact there are too many cops.

if you call a shots fired or a robbery there's gonna be half the server police coming.

if you call for a dead body on the street you'l have to be very persistent to actually get a cop to come

if there are more cops responding to actual cop related calls rather than to every shoot-out, eventually it will balance itself

It's not gonna happen because people will always prefer respond to them "cool" situations instead of responding to their 20th corpse they just seen in the last hour, and then RP with themselves picking up the casings and never know or find the suspect(s)

If crime rate high, cop numbers will be high also, this is true even in the real world unless you're in a completely worthless   bankrupt country, city, state etc... 

edit: not to mention its near impossible to solve a murder unless the parties involved want you to solve it OOCly too lol

Edited by Boland
  • Upvote 1

The LEO factions are already pretty darn selective with their applicants. it takes months to train up police officers on this server, and it's costly (in terms of OOC time and effort) to replace every one officer who quits. Well-staffed LEO factions are incredibly important to a heavy RP community and we need to keep a lively buffer of freshly trained recruits against the natural attrition any RP community sees.

Artificially limiting the amount of recruitment LEO factions can do is actively detrimental to the health of RP on this server. Turning away eager candidates who want to RP LEO characters because of some arbitrary "limit" is short-sighted, counter-intuitive, and damages the server.

• Wuhtah locked this topic