Jump to content

''Interior designers'', where's the roleplay


Shiro

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Sidewinder1340 said:

Nah OP mentioned money more than rp in the original post. Go count. 

Money that could be used to create more roleplay my friend, that's what drives RP in the end. It all ends up in the pocket of the mapper which as one stated earlier in this thread, is useless as they have too much.

Link to comment
Just now, Sidewinder1340 said:

Nah OP mentioned money more than rp in the original post. Go count. 

 

And as I stated before, it is being related to mechanics as people say that make too much money for the work they do. But yet in the same breath it is fine to make more money with less rp. Yes there is a great effect involved in it but there should also be an effort from both parties. That being the person getting the mapping itself and the mapper organizing the service itself. It already happens sometimes but as the OC is trying to imply, it should be normalized.

Link to comment
Just now, Shiro said:

Money that could be used to create more roleplay my friend, that's what drives RP in the end. It all ends up in the pocket of the mapper which as one stated earlier in this thread, is useless as they have too much.

but that mapper is spending shit ton of hours just to map ur interior. we dont care about interior designers and how much money theyre making compared to how much theyre roleplaying. the time u wasted on this topic u couldve used to figure out some real issues of this rp community

Link to comment

There’s definitely more serious issues at hand than this lmao.

 

And what LICE said sums it up. People working 4 hours a day at any 24/7 probably makes way more money than any mapper if you count the hourly salary

Edited by paym4n
Link to comment
2 minutes ago, paym4n said:

There’s definitely more serious issues at hand than this lmao.

 

And what LICE said sums it up. People working 4 hours a day at any 24/7 probably makes way more money than any mapper if you count the hourly salary

 

Comments like this make me question if I’m even playing the same server as half of you.

Link to comment
2 minutes ago, Shiro said:

Money that could be used to create more roleplay my friend, that's what drives RP in the end. It all ends up in the pocket of the mapper which as one stated earlier in this thread, is useless as they have too much.

So let me get this straight. You want me to give away most of my earnings, from something that I put in all the hard work into creating to a bunch of RPers who are gonna stand around and have fun when I'm the one who has to be alone for 12 hours mapping the place? I hope you and some of the people in this thread never need a mapper in the future because I'm pretty sure we'll say no. Mapping isn't like any other script job, this is what you fundamentally fail to grasp, whether by maliciousness or stupidity. We have to actually think and fiddle with objects and spend several hours combining props to make a workable dishwasher because no such prop exists. We're not merely sitting there snapping things together like this is the Sims 4, we actually WORK. We put in work. Why should I be alone in a void of floating objects for 12 hours, sacrificing my RP time and my free time to make something for someone else just to be recompensed with literally nothing while a group of RPers get paid just as much as me? 

  • Applaud 1
Link to comment
5 minutes ago, L I C E said:

So let me get this straight. You want me to give away most of my earnings, from something that I put in all the hard work into creating to a bunch of RPers who are gonna stand around and have fun when I'm the one who has to be alone for 12 hours mapping the place? I hope you and some of the people in this thread never need a mapper in the future because I'm pretty sure we'll say no. Mapping isn't like any other script job, this is what you fundamentally fail to grasp, whether by maliciousness or stupidity. We have to actually think and fiddle with objects and spend several hours combining props to make a workable dishwasher because no such prop exists. We're not merely sitting there snapping things together like this is the Sims 4, we actually WORK. We put in work. Why should I be alone in a void of floating objects for 12 hours, sacrificing my RP time and my free time to make something for someone else just to be recompensed with literally nothing while a group of RPers get paid just as much as me? 

You know there's nobody pointing a gun at you forcing you to map right? I thought you said the money is useless and that you do it to help the server? Providing a whole bunch of players with an rp opportunity for multiple hours would be exactly that.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment

Everyone in this thread that thinks the OP is correct should go to the pm discord and pick up a mapping request for over 500k. Map the place to the expectations of the requestee and then tell us how you feel afterwards. Also tell us if you bought the 25 cars you wanted and the 7 floor single room apartment, and if the admin team let you get away with it without being RPQMd. 

Edited by Sidewinder1340
Link to comment
5 minutes ago, Sidewinder1340 said:

Everyone in this thread that thinks the OP is correct should go to the pm discord and pick up a mapping request for over 500k. Map the place to the expectations of the requetee and then tell us how you feel afterwards. Also tell us if you bought the 25 cars you wanted and the 7 floor single room apartment, and if the admin team let you get away with it without being RPQMd. 

Thank you for supporting my point, that money could indeed be used for better things such as providing a construction company with a lot of roleplay!

Link to comment
  • Wuhtah locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
  • Create New...