''Interior designers'', where's the roleplay

Shiro

8 minutes ago, Levitate said:

Imagine this scenario. I buy a fresh house after I waited maybe months for the request to be approved. I have to find a good quality mapper. Then have to wait another 1, 2 or 3 weeks just for the ''roleplay'' to be done? No, a line has to be crossed between ''roleplay'' and fun. 

This i agree with I do believe that as long as the contract and business interaction is roleplayed it's fine. 

Do you guys roleplay every action you take when driving your car in game? Or RP every step you take when you walk down the road, Or every single puff you take off your cigarette animation. 

Dont forget people play for fun, after they COME HOME FROM THEIR ACTUAL JOBS. A line needs to be set. 

I would say more oversight is needed, but the thought of that actually being accomplished is laughable. 

Mapping is an OOC job, 95% of the time. Spin it how you'd like, interiors serve to create roleplay, creating interiors simply isn't RPable, and most people don't even want it to be RPed, as their dream house isn't meant to be Micheal DeSanta's shitty mansion. 

With that set, I think most interior designers could do with a bit more rp before and after the fact (talking about what they did, how the plumbing works, whatever.), but, I don't think most people RP interior designers as literally making the foundation and walls for the house they've already purchased, because why would you buy a house that at it's very basic level, you dislike? 

Not to mention, mapping and using chat is hella hard, it'd take ooc days if not weeks to get some of these "500k-1Mil" interiors done. (also, that pricing isn't pure profit, furniture costs are expensive, depending on what you're mapping.) 

To people who think it's "unfair", spend a few months to a few years getting as skilled as some of the mapping team, then come back and re-read the suggestion asking you to RP building thousands of things that you already spend hours on.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Engelbert said:

Same reason people do not sit for hours for their full sleeve tattoo, as it realistically would be more than an hour.

I beg to differ. I've literally created and ran a business for over a year based on this premise. Granted, I haven't done 12+ hour sessions like IRL, but I think my longest one so far is at around 3 hours.

EDIT: And the customer paid me $500, I might add.

Edited by Thirteen
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, CopBaiter said:

I sure believe a script job for those will be a great idea for the server, more RP, alot of possibilities, win-win for the server, maybe if they can make a 500 word essay for the job so that they can check if they're fitted for such RP.

i sure believe i havent read more useless idea in a few months

that someone WONT ROLEPLAY for 12 hours+ so you COULD ROLEPLAY ur beautiful interior and have esex in it

If you complain we get paid too much for little to no RP, you're wrong. I would much rather RP than spend 12 hrs of my time building a sex dungeon for a couple of people to ERP in. Mapping is incredibly boring and there is only so much you can RP before people start getting pissed you're taking too long. There's hardly any good mappers around as is and any kind of suggestion punishing us for wasting our valuable time would kill any motivation to do it.

• Applaud 1

I graduated as a surveyor irl and lemme tell you, it wouldn't be fun to roleplay mapping five layers underneath the pavement, adding all that is necessary, the piping, wiring, isolating foam, yada yada, if we wanna be so nitpicky then you'd need someone to estimate the property value as well before you a property from the government, I spared P.M. a 27 page report 🙂

With that in mind, I agree some small rp can be done if there are other active parties within the room, e.g. painting walls and stuff that can potentially lead to engaging and fun rp but if you're alone it's just wasted time imho

Edited by Eestino
14 minutes ago, Thirteen said:

I beg to differ. I've literally created and ran a business for over a year based on this premise. Granted, I haven't done 12+ hour sessions like IRL, but I think my longest one so far is at around 3 hours.

EDIT: And the customer paid me $500, I might add.

I am tailoring sessions to clients. I won't torment someone who doesn't want to sit there for ages, but if someone responds ICly and actually roleplays? I will extend the session.

1 hour ago, CopBaiter said:

I'm sure as hell that you can furnish an interior as a group.

Mapping in a group is buggy as hell and if one person needs to reload prop you all have to stop. It's doable as a duo but anything more and it becomes tedious.

1 hour ago, ikbenspy said:

Just as mechanics are expected to RP everything up to the highest standards yet no one can give less of a fuck about what they do and if done otherwise they will be punished by admins. Ontop of all that get 8 grand for 20 minutes or 30 of continuous RP for one modded to the brim car, there should at least be some effort put in for getting over $500,000 on average for each interior.

"Some effort put in?" Who the hell do you think you are? Do you think mapping is easy? Stop paying shit mappers so much money if you're complaining about effort. I've never read something more insulting. Mapping takes days, we don't get 500k for a few hours of work. You don't know what you're talking about, same as most of the ignorant people in this thread.

• Wuhtah locked this topic