''Interior designers'', where's the roleplay

Shiro

4 minutes ago, Shiro said:

Thank you for supporting my point, that money could indeed be used for better things such as providing a construction company with a lot of roleplay!

Most mappers with an IC company pay their workers using that money. Those people- at least in the cases I can speak for- actually do work, such as creating floor plans, or actually being point of contact for the customer, or even just helping out.

Adding a construction company that would do absolutely nothing as far as actually assisting would not only be kinda pointless, but would confuse things, as having multiple people in a space while mapping causes lots of issues as far as glitching and item visibility 😕 

The idea of making it more RP friendly would be nice if the mechanics of it weren’t as they are now, sadly

4 minutes ago, Makattack said:

Most mappers with an IC company pay their workers using that money. Those people- at least in the cases I can speak for- actually do work, such as creating floor plans, or actually being point of contact for the customer, or even just helping out.

Adding a construction company that would do absolutely nothing as far as actually assisting would not only be kinda pointless, but would confuse things, as having multiple people in a space while mapping causes lots of issues as far as glitching and item visibility 😕 

The idea of making it more RP friendly would be nice if the mechanics of it weren’t as they are now, sadly

Hey can I hire you to pretend to carry some stuff to and from the house so it's more immersive and you make money for being bored and watching youtube?

Personally, I'm just not interested in RPing a construction worker/plumber/interior designer/electrician/etc on any of my characters but I still want to be able to map whenever I want. People with a mindset like OPs are the reason why I stopped mapping for people who aren't friends or sometimes friends of friends. In general, mapping isn't something people get good at for their first 1,2 or even 5 interiors. It takes a lot of time to go from making square interiors without trims and little to no detail to making whole houses and businesses with detail, real view and custom items, and no one should be forced to do all this IC, it just doesn't make sense.

6 minutes ago, Sidewinder1340 said:

Hey can I hire you to pretend to carry some stuff to and from the house so it's more immersive and you make money for being bored and watching youtube?

5 minutes ago, slothy said:

Personally, I'm just not interested in RPing a construction worker/plumber/interior designer/electrician/etc on any of my characters but I still want to be able to map whenever I want. People with a mindset like OPs are the reason why I stopped mapping for people who aren't friends or sometimes friends of friends. In general, mapping isn't something people get good at for their first 1,2 or even 5 interiors. It takes a lot of time to go from making square interiors without trims and little to no detail to making whole houses and businesses with detail, real view and custom items, and no one should be forced to do all this IC, it just doesn't make sense.

I see where you're coming from, but I believe all players should be equal:

''Failing to roleplay a situation is strictly forbidden. You're expected to be roleplaying at all times, If a player breaks the rule during the situation you must finish the roleplay and report later.  You must also roleplay any injuries that occur to your character or any accidents that happen when driving, even if you are alone.''

If according to the rules, that poor trucker needs to roleplay carrying a crate thousands of times over and over, we should expect the same from everyone else.

1 hour ago, Lewis. said:

The amount of disrespect towards our mapping team and independent mappers is shameful. The reason we have a working hospital interior, multiple Government building interiors and a wide range of detailed, unique interiors for housing. apartments, nightclubs and social events are because of the very people you're rioting against. If we're talking facts? In-game money aside? They're not rewarded enough for the time and effort spent on making our experience unique let alone trying to brand them for being paid what they deserve. 

Couldn't word it better myself, and to add to it, I'd like to mention that I personally know many of them, and they do RP and their RP is quite impressive and enjoyable. I'd rather RP with them than have them RP on their own "interior designing" or "NPCing workers" or "Trying to reach out for IC workers that are willing to do construction roleplay when it's non existent".
Please, show love and support to our mappers instead.

• Wuhtah locked this topic