''Interior designers'', where's the roleplay

Shiro

6 minutes ago, Shiro said:

That is the aim of this thread, to bring this issue to light that there's minimal rp involved in one of the big money markets. Ideally it would be nice to see construction companies being set up and provide rp for others. 

I see that the majority in this thread haven't fully read the first post, because nowhere did I say the mappers are supposed to do the roleplay or that their work isn't appreciated. My point was that the roleplay should be done afterwards by a construction company to provide RP and actually make it an IC thing, I'm not expecting the mapper to type a /me after placing every prop lmao. There is no real roleplay happening, that is the problem I see. Read first, then get offended!

some of yall are blind so lemme help yall.

It's been said, that mappers do much more than just rp, because they are using real life money, you cannot map if you are not an active donator. And IC money received are also used to buy furniture, it is not just payment. That said. Mapping itself is done oocly, but the consultations and transactions are always done IC. What is actually against the rules, is irregular transfer masked as roleplay (Yo I'm buying that house there, send me some money, we rp it up somehow). But mapping is usually done by one or two people, because technical limitations. Though the hiring, planning, consultations and measuring is always done IC.

Edited by Engelbert

There are soooo many salty non-mappers in this thread. The issue obviously isn't the rp quality, as I've seen tons of images posted about the amount of money that is made. As well as the conversation in this thread almost entirely seems to revolve around money. Money that mappers can't spend anyways. Most of us have millions that sit in a bank account and get taxed, going to LFM to fund their projects and stuff.

3 minutes ago, Flickin'TheWristo said:

some of yall are blind so lemme help yall.

No group of construction rpers are gonna RP for free, hence, requiring me, the mapper who did all the work to take a hit to my income. Let's say I spend 100k on your apartment. Most of the time we get paid like 75% of furnishing price. 175k total paid, 75k profit for three or four days work, maybe longer. You now want me to cut my earnings down to like 20k to pay construction rpers to do a week of RP? Get bent. LMAO

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Sidewinder1340 said:

There are soooo many salty non-mappers in this thread. The issue obviously isn't the rp quality, as I've seen tons of images posted about the amount of money that is made. As well as the conversation in this thread almost entirely seems to revolve around money. Money that mappers can't spend anyways. Most of us have millions that sit in a bank account and get taxed, going to LFM to fund their projects and stuff.

“Money that mappers can’t spend anyway” there’s the key phrase, OOC money doesn’t equal IC money. It’s just like the unemployment check, you can go buy a nice car w/ it, but if you have no job and just go clubbing and justify it using that, you’re going to get RPQM-ed

Mapping takes a ton of time without RP. What you’re asking is pretty damn near impossible for the work volume vs time restrictions. Yes, I do love it when most aspects of mapping (meeting with the client, inspecting the house, hell even bringing a truck to “carry furniture”) are RPed, but asking to RP every single wall placed? Not feasible. Try mapping something yourself, and maybe then you’ll get it lol

6 minutes ago, L I C E said:

No group of construction rpers are gonna RP for free, hence, requiring me, the mapper who did all the work to take a hit to my income. Let's say I spend 100k on your apartment. Most of the time we get paid like 75% of furnishing price. 175k total paid, 75k profit for three or four days work, maybe longer. You now want me to cut my earnings down to like 20k to pay construction rpers to do a week of RP? Get bent. LMAO

A horrific and incredible display of ignorance, and greed m'lady. Absolutely stunning. I hope you have a fantastic day.

Well, seems like everybody took this thread too seriously.

The point the OP was trying to make is that construction companies would be a great addition to the server or more so normalized. 

Some of the best mappers on the server did just this (that being Tiddy and Y3) out of their own volition. Mind you, same people involved in big mapping projects such as The Richman Motel and Pillbox Medical. The problem is most people don’t do this. They arrange these projects by OOC means and complete them through OOC means as well.

Yes, it’s dumb to rp /me throws plaster on the walls and lifts up a bed when your character is a 4’11 white woman but the reason why these are brought up is because truckers and yes…. MECHANICS are held to a standard regarding these.

The argument of “well it’s in a different dimension than the public” doesn’t make much sense in the context of garages that sometimes have a private area for work to commence. Mechanics and Mappers go hand and hand of how their work is under appreciated yet if they weren’t around people would cry out.

It’s not a problem when you tell a mechanic to rush out his work but it’s a problem when you ask for rp out of a mapper, that is the point the OC is trying to make. Some people might already do that, that’s good but the point is that it should be normalized. 

If you think this thread is discrediting mappers, I’ll give you a step by step process. Stand up from your desk, walk outside, place your palm out, then make sure all of your hand collides with the grass.

Edited by Pandamei
  • Upvote 3
  • Applaud 2
Just now, Flickin'TheWristo said:

A horrific and incredible display of ignorance, and greed m'lady. Absolutely stunning. I hope you have a fantastic day.

Okay then, I'll just stop mapping and go do 6 hours in a 24/7 over 2 days which would net me 24k. Why bother mapping when it's now both tedious, unrewarding and bothersome?

Just now, Pandamei said:

The point the OP was trying to make is that construction companies would be a great addition to the server or more so normalized. 

Some of the best mappers on the server did just this (that being Tiddy and Y3) out of their own video volition. The problem is most people don’t do this. They arrange these projects by OOC means and complete them through OOC means as well.

Yes, it’s dumb to rp /me throws plaster on the walls and lifts up a bed when your character is a 4’11 white woman but the reason why these are brought up is because truckers and yes…. MECHANICS are held to a standard regarding these.

The argument of “well it’s in a different dimension than the public” doesn’t make much sense in the context of garages that sometimes have a private area for work to commence. Mechanics and Mappers go hand and hand of how their work is under appreciated yet if they weren’t around people would cry out.

It’s not a problem when you tell a mechanic to rush out his work but it’s a problem when you ask for rp out of a mapper, that is the point the OC is trying to make. Some people might already do that, that’s good but the point is that it should be normalized. 

If you think this thread is discrediting mappers, I’ll give you a step by step process. Stand up from your desk, walk outside, place your palm out, then make sure all of your hand collides with the grass.

Well said, as LICE would reply GET BENT. lmao.

2 minutes ago, Pandamei said:

Some of the best mappers on the server did just this (that being Tiddy and Y3) out of their own volition. Mind you, same people involved in big mapping projects such as The Richman Motel and Pillbox Medical. The problem is most people don’t do this. They arrange these projects by OOC means and complete them through OOC means as well.

Nah OP mentioned money more than rp in the original post. Go count. 

• Wuhtah locked this topic