''Interior designers'', where's the roleplay

Shiro

Mapping is hard to do, not anyone can do it and flooding role-play over a script usage 24/7 which already has alot of issues to comprehend with. I think you're just trying to throw them out of business, yes they make absurd amount of cash but that's something the management and the administrators should look on and fix.

Imposing /me and /do on everything won't make it useful, half the mechanics don't RP and half the truckers don't RP. 🙂 

Actual in-game interior design companies do rp out the contracts. Sometimes there's two mappers working on something and they might rp among themselves. But a lot of the work that you want to see roleplayed only makes sense to contract out to a construction/renovation crew and it's not something that the designer would do. Also, rping with yourself is not fun for anyone, specially if you are already pouring all your energy into the mapping itself.

You are allowed to map oocly & get paid for it because it's heavily dependent on what character slot you buy donator/furniture slots on and NOT whether or not the character is an interior designer. It takes real money, energy, creativity, and some projects take countless hours, sometimes weeks, sometimes months. Comparing it to a script job people grind away at is actually ridiculous.

• Upvote 2
  • Applaud 2

The amount of disrespect towards our mapping team and independent mappers is shameful. The reason we have a working hospital interior, multiple Government building interiors and a wide range of detailed, unique interiors for housing. apartments, nightclubs and social events are because of the very people you're rioting against. If we're talking facts? In-game money aside? They're not rewarded enough for the time and effort spent on making our experience unique let alone trying to brand them for being paid what they deserve. 

Edited by Lewis.
  • Upvote 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Applaud 3
16 minutes ago, L I C E said:

I RP an architect. I literally speak to my clients every single time.

Very good, but does your character hire npc elves to magically do the construction work overnight?

14 minutes ago, Limes said:

Mapping is hard to do, not anyone can do it and flooding role-play over a script usage 24/7 which already has alot of issues to comprehend with. I think you're just trying to throw them out of business, yes they make absurd amount of cash but that's something the management and the administrators should look on and fix.

Imposing /me and /do on everything won't make it useful, half the mechanics don't RP and half the truckers don't RP. 🙂 

That is the aim of this thread, to bring this issue to light that there's minimal rp involved in one of the big money markets. Ideally it would be nice to see construction companies being set up and provide rp for others. 

I see that the majority in this thread haven't fully read the first post, because nowhere did I say the mappers are supposed to do the roleplay or that their work isn't appreciated. My point was that the roleplay should be done afterwards by a construction company to provide RP and actually make it an IC thing, I'm not expecting the mapper to type a /me after placing every prop lmao. There is no real roleplay happening, that is the problem I see. Read first, then get offended!

Edited by Shiro
1 minute ago, Shiro said:

Very good, but does your character hire npc elves to magically do the construction work overnight?

It takes days to map, and you're crazy if you think I'm paying 80% of my income to some random rpers to emote putting up drywall when I already don't get paid enough for my time.

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
29 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

I am tailoring sessions to clients. I won't torment someone who doesn't want to sit there for ages, but if someone responds ICly and actually roleplays? I will extend the session.

Oh, for sure. It's all depending on the client. But we're getting way outside of the point here.

So, to get back to the original discussion - I think that claiming that mappers are not roleplaying, is a bit far fetched.

But it goes both ways. People can't claim that mappers are not roleplaying if you are hiring them through Discord recommended by a buddy OOC and transferring them money without even meeting them. Be the change you want to see by involving yourself in the process IC, finding suitable designers, meeting up with them and communicating your ideas to them through roleplay. Or even create furniture businesses and partner up with these designers to deliver stuff for them through roleplay. Use trucking companies to actually roleplay transporting the furniture and so on.

There are options here, but I think it's pretty understandable that the actual mapping part isn't really something that can be done IC.

Also the mapping of the capitol for example, despite not being done by the mapper itself, was done by Horizon LLC, construction companies get hired by the government for mapping projects because realistically you wouldn't have 1 guy tearing down and rebuilding everything.

I was told Horizon was defunct (although I'm unsure)  and there aren't many construction worker rpers or construction companies

soruces: I was part of the project.

I'm relatively new to mapping and my fucking god am i surprised how ignorant some of the people are in this thread. Mapping takes days if not weeks. some take even longer than that. It also costs real money to do it as well as having the skill to do it well. Mapping is not easy and if those prices are accurate i would consider that scamming.

• Wuhtah locked this topic