''Interior designers'', where's the roleplay

Shiro

1 hour ago, ikbenspy said:

Just as mechanics are expected to RP everything up to the highest standards yet no one can give less of a fuck about what they do and if done otherwise they will be punished by admins. Ontop of all that get 8 grand for 20 minutes or 30 of continuous RP for one modded to the brim car, there should at least be some effort put in for getting over $500,000 on average for each interior.

Double standards are extremely prevalent in this community sadly.

Comments stating it's 'boring', if it's boring then don't do it. Or maybe you like getting a shit ton of money for a few hours while others have to spend 10x that time to get the same reward? This server tries to push so hard for everything to be roleplayed, yet the most rewarding job is entirely ooc with 0 rp included other than the negotiation beforehand which really is just a bit of bullshit to make it official IC since the entire deal was done on discord ooc already. 

As someone who ran a garage I witnessed my mechanics getting shit on constantly for missing small details or not spending long enough on a car even though everything that's possible to rp was rp'ed already. That shit is boring as fuck since you just type /me's for nobody to read and you do it for a fraction of what a mapper gets for the same amount of time.

5 minutes ago, L I C E said:

Mapping in a group is buggy as hell and if one person needs to reload prop you all have to stop. It's doable as a duo but anything more and it becomes tedious.

"Some effort put in?" Who the hell do you think you are? Do you think mapping is easy? Stop paying shit mappers so much money if you're complaining about effort. I've never read something more insulting. Mapping takes days, we don't get 500k for a few hours of work. You don't know what you're talking about, same as most of the ignorant people in this thread.

I like to think of myself as a regular community member, in no way have I insulted any mapper in my reply and I'm not taking any disrespect from you, that mapper tag doesn't mean anything so you better pipe down. Congratulations, you spent seven days making a virtual interior for someone to ERP on, that doesn't put you above me.

13 minutes ago, L I C E said:

Mapping in a group is buggy as hell and if one person needs to reload prop you all have to stop. It's doable as a duo but anything more and it becomes tedious.

"Some effort put in?" Who the hell do you think you are? Do you think mapping is easy? Stop paying shit mappers so much money if you're complaining about effort. I've never read something more insulting. Mapping takes days, we don't get 500k for a few hours of work. You don't know what you're talking about, same as most of the ignorant people in this thread.

You really seem to hate mapping, but I guess the easy emoneys keeps you going? Don't forget it's a rp server my friend

image.png.3a52b72300978a98d7c8d9bfe583ba7b.png

2 minutes ago, Shiro said:

Double standards are extremely prevalent in this community sadly.

Comments stating it's 'boring', if it's boring then don't do it. Or maybe you like getting a shit ton of money for a few hours while others have to spend 10x that time to get the same reward? This server tries to push so hard for everything to be roleplayed, yet the most rewarding job is entirely ooc with 0 rp included other than the negotiation beforehand which really is just a bit of bullshit to make it official IC since the entire deal was done on discord ooc already. 

As someone who ran a garage I witnessed my mechanics getting shit on constantly for missing small details or not spending long enough on a car even though everything that's possible to rp was rp'ed already. That shit is boring as fuck since you just type /me's for nobody to read and you do it for a fraction of what a mapper gets for the same amount of time.

You're using an issue you do have experience in to reinforce a point against an area you don't have experience in. 

If you've ever looked at some of the shit people like LICE do, and then tried your hand at mapping, you'd notice how rag-tag, unintuitive, unthankful, and frankly skill-requiring the process is. You have to have the will to sit still and spam keys until shit looks nice for days, if not weeks for projects such as TTCF, have the creativity to use GTA's shitty props to make stuff look as nice as possible, at risk of being shat on if it's not up to standards. It's truly thankless, the mapping team doesn't even get paid for the most major of projects, beyond world points on occasion. Boring work simply has to be done by someone, these people are doing the work for other player's experiences, and the money. Not because it's fun. 

But, again, I implore you to try mapping. I was once in the position of "it's easy, I'll just do it", and now I've spent two weeks doing a personal apartment, and I'm nowhere near happy with it. 

2 minutes ago, ikbenspy said:

I like to think of myself as a regular community member, in no way have I insulted any mapper in my reply and I'm not taking any disrespect from you, that mapper tag doesn't mean anything so you better pipe down. Congratulations, you spent seven days making a virtual interior for someone to ERP on, that doesn't put you above me.

Incredible display of ignorance. Stunning.

1 minute ago, Shiro said:

You really seem to hate mapping, but I guess the easy emoneys keeps you going? Don't forget it's a rp server my friend

image.png.3a52b72300978a98d7c8d9bfe583ba7b.png

The money is useless, I do it because I want to help the server. You are incredibly toxic and ignorant and you sound almost jealous. Idk what mapper you have that picture from but none of us make anything close to that. I daresay that's doctored.

5 minutes ago, Kari said:

You're using an issue you do have experience in to reinforce a point against an area you don't have experience in. 

If you've ever looked at some of the shit people like LICE do, and then tried your hand at mapping, you'd notice how rag-tag, unintuitive, unthankful, and frankly skill-requiring the process is. You have to have the will to sit still and spam keys until shit looks nice for days, if not weeks for projects such as TTCF, have the creativity to use GTA's shitty props to make stuff look as nice as possible, at risk of being shat on if it's not up to standards. It's truly thankless, the mapping team doesn't even get paid for the most major of projects, beyond world points on occasion. Boring work simply has to be done by someone, these people are doing the work for other player's experiences, and the money. Not because it's fun. 

But, again, I implore you to try mapping. I was once in the position of "it's easy, I'll just do it", and now I've spent two weeks doing a personal apartment, and I'm nowhere near happy with it. 

Don't care it's a rp server, shouldn't be getting IC money for ooc things

5 minutes ago, L I C E said:

Please charity your starter paychecks and your hourly paychecks. You shouldn't be getting IC money for ooc things.

I actually suggested to remove starter paychecks! But it seems very difficult for you to admit that there's 0 rp involved in mapping.

• Wuhtah locked this topic