''Interior designers'', where's the roleplay

Shiro

While companies like Davis Architecture and Nadler's design company do take everything IC with contracts, work schedules, etc from what I've seen. You're also paying for their time and expertise. It's like why other tradespeople can charge so much money. You're paying for their skill, not necessarily the cost of the materials they use. But from what I've seen most 'professional' mappers do have IC businesses to support their job. There are always exceptions though I guess

• Applaud 1
6 minutes ago, Shiro said:

That doesn't matter, it's a roleplay server where the most profitable job is almost entirely ooc. 

image.png.ecbd335910c4e40289fa94400c42df27.png

Now tell me making that much shouldn't require any serious and big rp, and that's just a small fraction of the whole list.

@kristofer that's why I'm mentioning construction companies, this would provide a huge opportunity for a lot of RP to happen

It SHOULD. My point is that people will not do that. Because to fully design a place is quite tiring. Try to sit down through a tattoo sesh rp as a client. You will be alt tabbed most of times, okay maybe you won't but many people will be. Because I am not letting people go before 60 minutes of proper roleplay. Now insert that time tenfold and you will get mapping. What we can do is either introduce vat to high incomes or set laws / rules to limit those incomes.

Edited by Engelbert
1 minute ago, Engelbert said:

It SHOULD. My point is that people will not do that. Because to fully design a place is quite tiring. Try to sit down through a tattoo sesh rp as a client. You will be alt tabbed most of times, okay maybe you won't but many people will be. Because I am not letting people go before 60 minutes of proper roleplay. Now insert that time tenfold and you will get mapping.

just make a furnishing company lol

I'd be more than willing to rp a character solely for mapping, BUT, I am not wiling to spend over USD$80 to have 1000 mapping slots on a second character. 

Mapping cost mappers out of pocket, irl money.

The issue isn't game money, it is actual money. Unless a system would be put in place where this can be done with in game and not a donator perk, its really not feasible to force. And being mapping is a large part of donations, I really doubt Nervous and Co. would be willing to take the hit financially. 

Edited by cryybabyycryy
10 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

It SHOULD. My point is that people will not do that. Because to fully design a place is quite tiring. Try to sit down through a tattoo sesh rp as a client. You will be alt tabbed most of times, okay maybe you won't but many people will be. Because I am not letting people go before 60 minutes of proper roleplay. Now insert that time tenfold and you will get mapping. What we can do is either introduce vat to high incomes or set laws / rules to limit those incomes.

unknown.png

Mapping is an essential service that helps breathe life into the server. Only a finite number of people do it, and even fewer do it well. If you're paying a million for an interior, you're over paying in my opinion but then again, I've never made a cent from mapping so I wouldn't know what the market is like.

While mapping should be handled IC with contracts and companies, you're never going to get people to sit down and RP /me plasters wall with only themselves around to read it for tens of hours while they put an interior together. Typing emotes to oneself is redundant and mapping is tedious and time consuming enough already. Not to mention no one's going to enforce it as a standard, even if it does get implemented.

Are admins going to spectate every mapper for the many hours it takes to make an interior to ensure they're properly roleplaying with themselves? Don't you think they have better things to do?

Don't think you can compare it to trucking really.  Truckers operate in the public dimension and it's disturbing to see people running around with crates and zero me's.  A mapper is confined inside a house and nobody will even see their me's if they did any.  Which leads to another point...how would you even enforce such a thing? Admins would have to randomly spy on mappers.

4 minutes ago, Fancy Toothpaste said:

Mapping is an essential service that helps breathe life into the server. Only a finite number of people do it, and even fewer do it well. If you're paying a million for an interior, you're over paying in my opinion but then again, I've never made a cent from mapping so I wouldn't know what the market is like.

While mapping should be handled IC with contracts and companies, you're never going to get people to sit down and RP /me plasters wall with only themselves around to read it for tens of hours while they put an interior together. Typing emotes to oneself is redundant and mapping is tedious and time consuming enough already. Not to mention no one's going to enforce it as a standard, even if it does get implemented.

Are admins going to spectate every mapper for the many hours it takes to make an interior to ensure they're properly roleplaying with themselves? Don't you think they have better things to do?

Just as mechanics are expected to RP everything up to the highest standards yet no one can give less of a fuck about what they do and if done otherwise they will be punished by admins. Ontop of all that get 8 grand for 20 minutes or 30 of continuous RP for one modded to the brim car, there should at least be some effort put in for getting over $500,000 on average for each interior.

• Wuhtah locked this topic