''Interior designers'', where's the roleplay

Shiro

I was going about my day, enjoying a nice erp session after showing off my cheetah in mirror park, when it has struck me that being an ''interior designer'' on this server essentially means making tons of virtual emoneys in a 99% OOC manner. Now I wonder, why is this accepted/allowed? There's no rp involved, you just have a womanly figure standing afk for 10 hours making objects float like harry potter and receive 1m$ in return.

Even though some of the biggest virtual emoneys transactions happen in this market the only rp involved is 'hello wanna renovate my house? yes sure ok here's the keys', where are all the construction companies who should be doing all the RP? There's even a channel on the gtaw property discord where you can look for a mapper, again fully ooc and endorsed by the staff.

Yes I know it takes a lot of ooc time but so does every script job, so I don't see that as a valid reason for this being allowed. There's a huge missed opportunity here for construction RP, every mapping request should be fully rped by one and the payment split between the crew and the ''designer''.

• Upvote 3
  • Applaud 5
5 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

You know, people actually rp getting contracts. How do you want rp mapping. It's just moving furniture and painting walls.

The same way people expect trucking or mechanics to rp, it's just carrying crates and painting cars innit

• Applaud 1
Just now, Shiro said:

The same way people expect trucking or mechanics to rp, it's just carrying crates and painting cars innit

That way it would take weeks to design a single apartment. Same reason people do not sit for hours for their full sleeve tattoo, as it realistically would be more than an hour.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

That way it would take weeks to design a single apartment. Same reason people do not sit for hours for their full sleeve tattoo, as it realistically would be more than an hour.

Explain how it would take weeks because I don't see it

3 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

You know, people actually rp getting contracts. How do you want rp mapping. It's just moving furniture and painting walls.

You just explained how to rp it. I dont expect a whole book on renovating a house but the fact that you can make tons of IC money with absolutely zero roleplay (especially how this server stresses that you must RP EVERYTHING) just doesnt make sense. 

1 minute ago, Engelbert said:

I mean, if y'all are getting paid $1,000,000+ e-moneys without doing any /me's ain't it unfair for some jobs like the mechanic jobs where they make less nowadays due to the nerf but still RP it out? if you can earn that amount of money just by making objects float, i'm sure you can do a few /me's while doing your job.

2 minutes ago, Glitch said:

So you’re saying that would be heavy roleplay. 🤔

Yes it would be. And as I know people on the server, as soon as it's made a rule. 80% of mappers will quit. And the rest will take an advantage of lacking services to up their prices.

@CopBaiter It's not about not willing to rp. It's about greed. I know what will happen. Same thing that happens everytime someone decided to limit something.

Edited by Engelbert
  • Wuhtah locked this topic