Add back the trees.

2 minutes ago, Sush said:

I guess I'll just upgrade my 3090 then. Any ideas?

if you're experiencing frame drops with a 3090 then you either: a. built your rig to run on dirty water or b. have some underlying junk that's tanking your machines resources. i don't know your situation, but i've nowhere near that gpu, ran the mod just fine, noticing maybe 4-5fps drops at most which, in a game about roleplay, doesnt bother me whatsoever

11 minutes ago, forty4 said:

if you're experiencing frame drops with a 3090 then you either: a. built your rig to run on dirty water or b. have some underlying junk that's tanking your machines resources. i don't know your situation, but i've nowhere near that gpu, ran the mod just fine, noticing maybe 4-5fps drops at most which, in a game about roleplay, doesnt bother me whatsoever

I'm also curious how moving all interior objects is going to resolve this issue entirely. Where would you move them to? If they're placed higher in the air you'll fall through the floor. Also for example, my house has 1,750 items in the interior. If I attempted to move all of them at once it would crash the server 100%. If they're placed over a different house you'd be breaking property rules as your interior is located elsewhere from your exterior and would defeat the entire purpose of owning a house somewhere as it wouldn't be where it is. Do we need the server to look like a tropical rainforest this badly? 

Edited by Sush
  • Applaud 1
7 minutes ago, Sush said:

I'm also curious how moving all interior objects is going to resolve this issue entirely. Where would you move them to? If they're placed higher in the air you'll fall through the floor. Also for example, my house has 1,750 items in the interior. If I attempted to move all of them at once it would crash the server 100%. If they're placed over a different house you'd be breaking property rules as your interior is located elsewhere from your exterior and would defeat the entire purpose of owning a house somewhere as it wouldn't be where it is. Do we need the server to look like a tropical rainforest this badly? 

I'm assuming it would be done in the database, not manually dragged. As for the issue with the placement to see through windows etc: Yes that's a problem. Another solution is for players to submit the trees coordinates that are in their house and request it be removed from the .ymap file but I don't think the modding team would want to do that. 

Just now, Kaz said:

I'm assuming it would be done in the database, not manually dragged. As for the issue with the placement to see through windows etc: Yes that's a problem. Another solution is for players to submit the trees coordinates that are in their house and request it be removed from the .ymap file but I don't think the modding team would want to do that. 

Every solution just feels like so much work. I'm having a hard time seeing the 100's of hours of collective changes we'll have to make just for this one thing being worthwhile I guess.

• Red. locked this topic