People ignoring dead bodies (expecially when LEOs) hurt my soul

GambloTwitch

12 hours ago, peteyy said:

I'm not saying the current crime rate is realistic but when more than half the server are rich truckers/mechanics/bartenders with expensive supercars and their personality is going to nightclubs or being a DJ or being an overly talented 18 year old korean racer who lives off student loans but can afford a lambo and on top of that, LSSD/LSPD doesn't do anything except patrol around Vinewood with 10 cruisers because that's all they have - Yes crime will go up. This seems like a perfect paradise for a criminal. From an IC and OOC standpoint. It's like Mexico where criminals are the actual cops. They control the land.

All I'm saying is, the current state of crime is the server's own product. Please don't reply to this and post one single clip of a shitty situation to own me.

It doesn't matter what LEOs do. The crime rate is not an IC issue, it's an OOC one. Even if the LSPD arrested ALL gangbangers in the city today, they would be on alts committing crimes tomorrow. As long as the admins do not curb the INSANE amount of guns illegal roleplayers have, as long as there's nothing stopping you from doing /changechar and starting crime again, the crime rate will stay skyhigh.

It's like trying to sweep water in the rain.

Edited by averycoolguy

Let's talk about this from a Detective's point of view. 

The LSPD Detective Bureau has a little under 20 detectives, and some in the pipe to become detectives. I'm unaware of SD's numbers but last I heard SD's MCB was low on numbers as well, with a majority of their detectives being OSS. Detective RP takes a very certain type of person and skill set, it's not cut out for a majority of people. It's slow, tedious and takes sometimes days to weeks of work to get anywhere. Some detectives are working multiple cases at a time, and most have a certain field they specialize in, so not all detectives are looking into homicides.

On top of all that, most patrol officers and standard deputies don't want to, can't, or won't conduct a basic investigation into a dead body, it's normally straight to calling a detective. Once that detective gets on scene all they have to work with most of the time is a single dead body and multiple casings. Fortunately we now have blood, but that leads to another issue with overworking the extremely few but dedicated Techs the LSPD has. Most of these bodies turn out with 0 leads, and even if you have a lead, if it's not a CK, odds are their friends or family won't talk with you anyways regardless of how their character should feel

The crime rate on this server is absolutely absurd. People will attempt to twist and bend how reality actually is so they can involve themselves in Child Soldier Simulator 2021. Block wipes constantly happening, random shootings over extremely petty and stupid shit. Shooting at cops for extremely petty and stupid shit, and then the reasoning was "Oh I had a gun and didn't want to go to jail." yes, a day in jail or a slap in the wrist now turned into Capital Murder. The LSPD and LSSD do their best to patrol multiple areas of the city and county, and people complain that they see them only responding to serious calls and never basic body calls or simple incidents. It's because they either have all their units tied up in the more serious incidents that can involve up to 20 officers and we have had at least 3 of these incidents happen at the same time recently to a point where units on patrol have to be stretched thin to respond. 

There's a lot of issues, and none of them are simple fixes. Reduce the amount of automatic firearms and heavy weaponry to a more realistic standpoint, to put things into perspective Rifles of any kind were only used in 364 homicides in 2019, in the ENTIRE US. Automatic firearms are extremely rare, most of these shooting incidents in the US are the result of handguns, a good portion of that time being .22lr or .38. Start looking at the guns, and you'll start seeing less block wipes and less incidents that result in homicides, and thus reducing work on LEOs, and thus less dead bodies and more interesting responses to non-violent 911 calls. 

tl;dr American think too many gun, too little detective. 

• Upvote 7
  • Applaud 2
25 minutes ago, ThatMuricanGuy said:

The crime rate on this server is absolutely absurd. People will attempt to twist and bend how reality actually is so they can involve themselves in Child Soldier Simulator 2021. Block wipes constantly happening, random shootings over extremely petty and stupid shit. Shooting at cops for extremely petty and stupid shit, and then the reasoning was "Oh I had a gun and didn't want to go to jail." yes, a day in jail or a slap in the wrist now turned into Capital Murder. The LSPD and LSSD do their best to patrol multiple areas of the city and county, and people complain that they see them only responding to serious calls and never basic body calls or simple incidents. It's because they either have all their units tied up in the more serious incidents that can involve up to 20 officers and we have had at least 3 of these incidents happen at the same time recently to a point where units on patrol have to be stretched thin to respond. 

Yes, and the IFM instead of reducing this absurd situation what they've done is to encourage it by allowing robbery anywhere in the city at any time of the day, committing murder for a stupid robbery is now being common as fuck, common and retarded as fuck, regardless of whether it is a populated area at 5 in the afternoon, because as there is no NPCs because you can rob whenever and wherever you want, it is absurd, LS not only has 1000 people living-

There is also the problem that "some" players who kill others are not told anything because "My character is on crack" My character is a crazy gangbanger "My character was stressed so he shot", and a normal citizen to defend himself the staff asks for a background of a veteran in the Vietnam war, advanced training and etc, all this to be able to fire a weapon at close range that anyone in distress would know how to use.

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, ThatMuricanGuy said:

Let's talk about this from a Detective's point of view. 

The LSPD Detective Bureau has a little under 20 detectives, and some in the pipe to become detectives. I'm unaware of SD's numbers but last I heard SD's MCB was low on numbers as well, with a majority of their detectives being OSS. Detective RP takes a very certain type of person and skill set, it's not cut out for a majority of people. It's slow, tedious and takes sometimes days to weeks of work to get anywhere. Some detectives are working multiple cases at a time, and most have a certain field they specialize in, so not all detectives are looking into homicides.

On top of all that, most patrol officers and standard deputies don't want to, can't, or won't conduct a basic investigation into a dead body, it's normally straight to calling a detective. Once that detective gets on scene all they have to work with most of the time is a single dead body and multiple casings. Fortunately we now have blood, but that leads to another issue with overworking the extremely few but dedicated Techs the LSPD has. Most of these bodies turn out with 0 leads, and even if you have a lead, if it's not a CK, odds are their friends or family won't talk with you anyways regardless of how their character should feel

There's a lot of issues, and none of them are simple fixes. Reduce the amount of automatic firearms and heavy weaponry to a more realistic standpoint, to put things into perspective Rifles of any kind were only used in 364 homicides in 2019, in the ENTIRE US. Automatic firearms are extremely rare, most of these shooting incidents in the US are the result of handguns, a good portion of that time being .22lr or .38. Start looking at the guns, and you'll start seeing less block wipes and less incidents that result in homicides, and thus reducing work on LEOs, and thus less dead bodies and more interesting responses to non-violent 911 calls. 

tl;dr American think too many gun, too little detective. 

And to add to all this, while there is no effort whatsoever to curb the criminal side of things -- fewer guns, fewer autos, enforcing fewer murders and proper escalation, the LEO factions are also catching Ls from the admins in the form of:

- nerfed vehicle performance

- nerfed Patrol Rifle ( it used to be automatic )

- harder to get warrants because some judges now ask for proof that would be reasonable to ask for if we had access to facial recognition, bodycams and streetcams. But golly gee, surprise, we don't, because apparently that would be imbalanced, as if the ridiculous crime rate is anywhere near 'realistic' or 'balanced'.

LFM and IFM have got it upside town, instead of buffing LEOs so that the crime rate lowers they nerf LEOs and make it even easy to commit crimes. USA had 16,000 murders in a population of 300 mil in 2019, our Los Santos probably has a thousand on a population of 700.

It’s a shame and the amount of chaos sometimes makes it hard to roleplay certain characters. One of my characters has seen so much and the way I created him I just can’t see him being able to cope with such trauma. I don’t know how I’ll continue playing him because he’s just a broken mess by now.

It goes both ways as you said. There are LEOs that ignore shit like this, and ghetto kids alike. I’ve only once seen a ghetto kid roleplay actual fear when faced with a scary situation as such.  Most roleplay the “tough thug” 24/7, not realising that the tough act is often dropped  or at least their act is somewhat broken for young ghetto kids irl when shit gets real.

6 minutes ago, peteyy said:

Bro what? Talk about a closed mind.

Why are you on a RP server if you can't read? Who approved your application?

Even if the LSPD arrested ALL gangbangers in the city today, they would be on alts committing crimes tomorrow. As long as the admins do not curb the INSANE amount of guns illegal roleplayers have, as long as there's nothing stopping you from doing /changechar and starting crime again, the crime rate will stay skyhigh.

7 hours ago, averycoolguy said:

Sure it was, buddy.

Regardless of your wrong opinion, scenes like that is why you now get 5 cop cars for a stop.

You sound mad brodie. You know that cops get shot at too IRL right? It's not my opinion, how did you know about the roleplay if you wasn't even involved?

As I said, go ahead and submit a Forum Report if you have a issue with it.

• Wuhtah locked this topic