People ignoring dead bodies (expecially when LEOs) hurt my soul

GambloTwitch

On 9/11/2021 at 11:47 AM, MeowTheEpic said:

Crime rate is an IC issue, why isn't the LSPD patrolling the streets more often? been roleplaying for two days and the only time I've seen them is if there's a pursuit or shooting, never in any passive capacity to act as a deterrent. Is there a reason for that behavior?

My favorite is when five cars come to a traffic stop out of pure boredom.

Crime rate always was OOC issue. Reason is simple, people lack creativity. So they are after guns others may have or they play self-inserts. Someone talks back and badtalks someone, arguments begins. Fists start to fly, but no, fella pulls a gun cause someone DARED to disrespect his stone cold killa gangster.

"Disrespecting a known gangster" Known by whom? The player itself? Or few others on the street? Yeah that's usually the case. Thing is everyone wants to be a badass feared by many so badly, that they forget to roleplay.

Edited by Engelbert
34 minutes ago, moulton said:

I can tell you it's not out of boredom. I can't speak for LSPD but LSSD has an In Character directive/mantra that states: "There's never enough backup". 

And truth be told? It may seem silly to see so many, even if it's over a minor traffic infraction but for some reason even over a minor infraction, drivers of vehicles pulled over tend to 180 while in their seat and shoot the officer in the head before he even has time to call in the traffic stop because "I'm not going to jail."

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, moulton said:

With the current meta of people willingly pulling over to murder the officer initiating the traffic stop over entirely avoidable issues, I'm not surprised more are being involved in traffic stops. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

What boggles the mind is that the excuses for escalating a broken blinker traffic stop to the murder of three police officers has routinely been "I was afraid they would recognize me because I'm wanted." or "If they searched me or the car, they'd find illegal goods." and it's like...

Bro.

Don't pull over then.

Zero people killed.

Or pull over and wait for the officer to approach the car. Once they're about halfway, punch it and peel out while they're still registering that they have to run back and start their car before they can even think about catching up.

Zero people killed.

Given the sheer number of other options, there really isn't an excuse to kill people in a traffic stop. As the above person has pointed out, it's making traffic stops a three to five car affair, which slows it down for EVERYONE.

I have a character in GTAW that literally makes a living off of car theft. Never had to kill a single police officer at a traffic stop even once, even while occupying a stolen vehicle. It just isn't necessary.

Edited by DasFroggy
  • Upvote 3
  • Applaud 1
6 minutes ago, DasFroggy said:

With the current meta of people willingly pulling over to murder the officer initiating the traffic stop over entirely avoidable issues, I'm not surprised more are being involved in traffic stops. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

What boggles the mind is that the excuses for escalating a broken blinker traffic stop to the murder of three police officers has routinely been "I was afraid they would recognize me because I'm wanted." or "If they searched me or the car, they'd find illegal goods." and it's like...

Bro.

Don't pull over then.

Zero people killed.

Or pull over and wait for the officer to approach the car. Once they're about halfway, punch it and peel out while they're still registering that they have to run back and start their car before they can even think about catching up.

Zero people killed.

Given the sheer number of other options, there really isn't an excuse to kill people in a traffic stop. As the above person has pointed out, it's making traffic stops a three to five car affair, which allows it down for EVERYONE.

I have a character in GTAW that literally makes a living off of car theft. Never had to kill a single police officer at a traffic stop even once, even while occupying a stolen vehicle. It just isn't necessary.

I like this response a lot. Mainly because they don't really search you or your car if there's nothing you do or say or how you act, to give away a suspicion. Of course if you have an outstanding warrant and they figured you out, then it gets worse. But otherwise, no need to even evade.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Engelbert said:

I like this response a lot. Mainly because they don't really search you or your car if there's nothing you do or say or how you act, to give away a suspicion. Of course if you have an outstanding warrant and they figured you out, then it gets worse. But otherwise, no need to even evade.

Exactly. They need probable cause to do a full search of the vehicle or to perform a full search of anyone inside. A Terry Frisk can be accomplished with only reasonable suspicion to search you but you would still have to give some indication that provides the officer with that suspicion. In short, if they search you illegally and find all your guns they can't prosecute you for that anyway as that would be a felony. 

You don't know you're made for certain until the officer asks you to step out of the vehicle or throw your keys out via the megaphone. You could also argue that driving a car registered to you while there's a warrant out for your arrest is asking to get pulled over in the first place as a big red !WARRANT! alert comes up next to your name when your plates are ran. Worst case Ontario? Don't stop.

• Upvote 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic