People ignoring dead bodies (expecially when LEOs) hurt my soul

GambloTwitch

4 hours ago, moulton said:

My favorite is when five cars come to a traffic stop out of pure boredom.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/428613530913079298/887435248898568232/footageck.mp4

Because of shit like this. Criminal RPers made their bed with poor escalation and unrealistic crime rates. Now they get to enjoy the consequences.

Edited by averycoolguy
2 hours ago, averycoolguy said:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/428613530913079298/887435248898568232/footageck.mp4

Because of shit like this. Criminal RPers made their bed with poor escalation and unrealistic crime rates. Now they get to enjoy the consequences.

Gangbangers: The abundance of bodies is an IC issue, and should be dealt with exclusively IC.

Police: Okay. Seeing as a not insignificant number of those bodies are police killed over looking into minor infractions, we'll start assigning more cars to said minor interactions.

Gangbangers: Wait, no, not like that

Edited by DasFroggy
  • Upvote 2
  • Applaud 4
5 hours ago, averycoolguy said:

One extra unit should be enough of an IC/OOC deterrent. So many better ways to go away from it - Just people with a DM mentality and poor choice of development.

I'm not saying the current crime rate is realistic but when more than half the server are rich truckers/mechanics/bartenders with expensive supercars and their personality is going to nightclubs or being a DJ or being an overly talented 18 year old korean racer who lives off student loans but can afford a lambo and on top of that, LSSD/LSPD doesn't do anything except patrol around Vinewood with 10 cruisers because that's all they have - Yes crime will go up. This seems like a perfect paradise for a criminal. From an IC and OOC standpoint. It's like Mexico where criminals are the actual cops. They control the land.

All I'm saying is, the current state of crime is the server's own product. Please don't reply to this and post one single clip of a shitty situation to own me.

• Upvote 1
35 minutes ago, peteyy said:

I'm not saying the current crime rate is realistic but when more than half the server are rich truckers/mechanics/bartenders with expensive supercars and their personality is going to nightclubs or being a DJ or being an overly talented 18 year old korean racer who lives off student loans but can afford a lambo and on top of that, LSSD/LSPD doesn't do anything except patrol around Vinewood with 10 cruisers because that's all they have - Yes crime will go up. This seems like a perfect paradise for a criminal. From an IC and OOC standpoint. It's like Mexico where criminals are the actual cops. They control the land.

All I'm saying is, the current state of crime is the server's own product. Please don't reply to this and post one single clip of a shitty situation to own me.

Can't do anything or you'll be labeled as a P2W Robocop on an OOC level.

There are people that go "Why aren't the police more present, and why don't they do this, or this, or that"

And those same people go "Why is the police responding with 10 cars to this, why are they so agressive, Superiority complex much, Your life is pathetic."

When you're in an environment where it's "Damned if you do, Damned if you don't," There's not alot you can do.

DasFroggy explained it perfectly a few posts up. 

36 minutes ago, peteyy said:

I feel like a lot of people forget we're specifically on a fictional roleplay server, meaning that certain character archetypes and scenarios are going to be in far higher abundance.

If we're going to claim that everything that's the case in game from player population is IC, then basically all teenagers are either gangbanging or getting involved with woods/skinheads, nearly half of the Caucasian population in Los Santos is not American, the majority of Asians within the city are either Koreans involved in organized crime, Hmongs gangbanging in South Central or full on Japanese immigrants that came to Los Santos purely to race. The same goes for any millionaire, successful business owner, super up-standing cop and so forth. 

It makes zero sense that all of the above is ignored because it wouldn't make any sense logically, but the moment the subject of crime is brought up the ability to separate between what makes sense narratively and what's actually happening in game just goes out of the window.

People need to accept there is going to be some dissonance between what is the case mechanically, and what is narratively sensical. 

I'm not saying don't roleplay your character witnessing some horrific shit, but I am saying that taking every single death, crime and hostile action that you were not involved with or saw for a split second, IC'ly is kind of stupid.

7 hours ago, averycoolguy said:

This is me in the video, Ethan Arrabal. This was roleplayed accordingly and our characters had a strong enough reason to do what we did. If you have any issues with that you can go ahead and submit a Forum Report. This is a disrespectful comment to make when you know nothing about the roleplay that occured behind the shooting.

Thank you.

• Upvote 2
32 minutes ago, Kenshi Haroku said:

Can't do anything or you'll be labeled as a P2W Robocop on an OOC level.

There are people that go "Why aren't the police more present, and why don't they do this, or this, or that"

And those same people go "Why is the police responding with 10 cars to this, why are they so agressive, Superiority complex much, Your life is pathetic."

When you're in an environment where it's "Damned if you do, Damned if you don't," There's not alot you can do.

DasFroggy explained it perfectly a few posts up. 

Why tho? Why care if some random Tony Soprano rper or something call you a robocop.

24 minutes ago, Yoshijira said:

If we're going to claim that everything that's the case in game from player population is IC, then basically all teenagers are either gangbanging or getting involved with woods/skinheads, nearly half of the Caucasian population in Los Santos is not American, the majority of Asians within the city are either Koreans involved in organized crime, Hmongs gangbanging in South Central or full on Japanese immigrants that came to Los Santos purely to race. The same goes for any millionaire, successful business owner, super up-standing cop and so forth. 

Afaik you can only make an underage character if it's for gang rp only. So that's on the server not illegal roleplay. And you're not wrong about asians lol.

• Wuhtah locked this topic