People ignoring dead bodies (expecially when LEOs) hurt my soul

GambloTwitch

2 hours ago, Anders said:

We are on about San andreas tho? Afaik no law makes that a thing.

There's the STEP act, which technically allows officers to put you in jail for longer if you're documented as a gang member, its just never, and I mean it, never used.

See chapter two for the prison time thingy.

2 minutes ago, HaminLord said:

There's the STEP act, which technically allows officers to put you in jail for longer if you're documented as a gang member, its just never, and I mean it, never used.

See chapter two for the prison time thingy.

§ 201. ENHANCED PENALTIES — (a) Upon a finding by the investigator at that the defendant has committed a felony for the purpose of benefiting, promoting, or furthering the interests of a criminal street gang, the penalty for any felony or misdemeanor, or any delinquent act or violation of law which would be a felony or misdemeanor, may be enhanced. The enhancement will be as follows:

Any person who is convicted of a felony committed for the benefit of, at the direction of, or in association with a criminal gang, or with the specific intent to promote, further, or assist in any criminal conduct by gang members, may be punished as follows:

if the felony is a serious felony, the person may be punished by an additional term of three (3) to five (5) years depending on the circumstances of the offense ((30 - 60 minutes at officer's discretion));
if the felony is a violent felony, the person may be punished by an additional term of eight (8) to ten (10) years depending on the circumstances of the offense ((60 - 90 minutes at officer's discretion)).

((Usage of these enhancements is restricted to the courts and to detectives and uniformed officers belonging to an investigative unit. This charge can only be applied once per arrest and is non-stackable.))

Curious. Time to get that changed..

We're supposed to be keeping everything IC right? Okay, then our city's crime rate should be taken IC. Aka, our Los Santos is indeed deadlier than some World War 2 battlefields.

My character has already witnessed dozens of dead bodies in her 6 months of being in the city. I don't believe she should be shocked at the mere sight of a dead body at this point. It's a daily occurance for dead bodies to show up everywhere, for people to get shot right outside of a nightclub, for police to be blocking the same street every single day at the same time. If anything, going right back to our character's plans for the day after seeing a dead body is more normal for our character's development than overreacting at the sight of the 15th body we've seen this week. You can only get shocked at seeing dead bodies so many times before you're used to it.

• Upvote 2

Even funnier is when you say something to a gangbanger and then you get shot over some verbal stuff 😂

Gangs are not here for RP, they are DMing most likely, Rifa was closed because of MetaGaming provided evidence, so, please ADMINS, take a look at the gangs, 90% of the reports, (active and archived) ARE about GANGS, PLEASE 

13 minutes ago, FJ said:

Even funnier is when you say something to a gangbanger and then you get shot over some verbal stuff 😂

Gangs are not here for RP, they are DMing most likely, Rifa was closed because of MetaGaming provided evidence, so, please ADMINS, take a look at the gangs, 90% of the reports, (active and archived) ARE about GANGS, PLEASE 

Pretty broad statement. Just because situations aren't reported, doesn't mean all other avenues of roleplay on this server are flawless

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, ScarletRose said:

We're supposed to be keeping everything IC right? Okay, then our city's crime rate should be taken IC. Aka, our Los Santos is indeed deadlier than some World War 2 battlefields.

My character has already witnessed dozens of dead bodies in her 6 months of being in the city. I don't believe she should be shocked at the mere sight of a dead body at this point. It's a daily occurance for dead bodies to show up everywhere, for people to get shot right outside of a nightclub, for police to be blocking the same street every single day at the same time. If anything, going right back to our character's plans for the day after seeing a dead body is more normal for our character's development than overreacting at the sight of the 15th body we've seen this week. You can only get shocked at seeing dead bodies so many times before you're used to it.

Couldn’t have said it better myself.

On 9/17/2021 at 5:13 PM, Anders said:

§ 201. ENHANCED PENALTIES — (a) Upon a finding by the investigator at that the defendant has committed a felony for the purpose of benefiting, promoting, or furthering the interests of a criminal street gang, the penalty for any felony or misdemeanor, or any delinquent act or violation of law which would be a felony or misdemeanor, may be enhanced. The enhancement will be as follows:

Any person who is convicted of a felony committed for the benefit of, at the direction of, or in association with a criminal gang, or with the specific intent to promote, further, or assist in any criminal conduct by gang members, may be punished as follows:

if the felony is a serious felony, the person may be punished by an additional term of three (3) to five (5) years depending on the circumstances of the offense ((30 - 60 minutes at officer's discretion));
if the felony is a violent felony, the person may be punished by an additional term of eight (8) to ten (10) years depending on the circumstances of the offense ((60 - 90 minutes at officer's discretion)).

((Usage of these enhancements is restricted to the courts and to detectives and uniformed officers belonging to an investigative unit. This charge can only be applied once per arrest and is non-stackable.))

Curious. Time to get that changed..

Where are these numbers coming from? 30-60 minutes are suddenly three to five years? It was my understanding that courts RPed 1 day in jail = 1 month.

• Wuhtah locked this topic