People ignoring dead bodies (expecially when LEOs) hurt my soul

GambloTwitch

On 9/15/2021 at 12:17 PM, Craazy said:

when cops stack 8 cruisers on EVERY single chase

What are they supposed to do, AFK because some arbitrary rule says you can't have more than 8 units in a pursuit?

i get pulled over doing 300mph... we're rping... then out of nowhere, "its your lucky night" sprints back to cruiser and joins active pursuit/shooting

But this is realistic? Who the hell cares about a speeding ticket ( I doubt he had you on radar going 120 mph ) when there's some armed guy who just killed a cop in Davis?

You call this robocop but this is the exact opposite. The Police Officer would rather head to where his friends are in danger than deal with your speeding ticket.

this is because people naturally have play 2 win mentality so these things happen

You are mistaking IC and OOC play to win mentality. IC, everyone should be playing to win. It would be ridiculous for LSPD to NOT use its assets to try and catch your ass, out of some OOC concern. The only reason you shouldn't have 8 car pursuits is that beyond the 3-4 units those extra cars don't add anything. They should be doing interceptions or spikes. But there's no rule saying you're only limited to X units participating in a pursuit. It's called an EMERGENCY for a reason. A parking ticket isn't an emergency, so you ditch that.

Edited by averycoolguy
  • Applaud 1
18 minutes ago, averycoolguy said:

What are they supposed to do, AFK because some arbitrary rule says you can't have more than 8 units in a pursuit?

I get what you're saying but the issue is that this happens WHEN there is need for other units.

Yes, 8 cruisers on a chase isn't entirely wrong... if it's a full on cop-killing criminal you're chasing. But I've seen active shootouts go on in Davis with no LEO intervention cause they're chasing some guy who started evading during a traffic stop and YOU already have the license plate, no need to put every single unit on this guy who's just evading when there are mountains of bodies being stacked in Davis.

22 minutes ago, averycoolguy said:

But this is realistic? Who the hell cares about a speeding ticket ( I doubt he had you on radar going 120 mph ) when there's some armed guy who just killed a cop in Davis?
You call this robocop but this is the exact opposite. The Police Officer would rather head to where his friends are in danger than deal with your speeding ticket.

Again, very understandable in that situation. I wouldn't call abandoning a traffic stop to go to an active shooting to be "robocop".
HOWEVER, the point I was trying to make was when multiple separate shootings are ignored because every cop is in the one single pursuit and they have no idea that there's 12 dead people inbetween Davis and Rancho, because they're all up on the highway, finishing up the arrest of someone who was simply recklessly driving and decided to evade because he had a gun.

Priorities should definitely be a thing, you're not wrong. But priorities shouldn't be a pick and choose scenario where you abandon all posts to chase one guy and then miss all the crime that's happening.

I can name instances where people will text their friends to shoot in the air if they're about to get searched during a stop or something of the sorts because it immediately results in all cops abandoning the possible threat to go shoot some shit.

Sure... if another cop's getting shot, by all means, abandon a traffic stop...
But when you have 4 cruisers stacked behind each other, waiting to see if the car you pulled over's gonna evade, it's a problem.

Almost every time I get pulled over out of Davis or Rancho, it's all fine. But when I do get pulled over in these areas, the LEOs call backup and get 4 cruisers behind them sometimes before they even walk up... then they pull up priors so they can terry frisk you... then there's like 10 officers watching while you get searched in Chamberlain, meanwhile there's a massive shootout in Rancho.

This happens all the time. As I said in my first post, it's also why some people feel compelled to literally shoot cops because they're "wanted" or were seen commiting a crime, and they know their only chance to evade is to be on a dirtbike with a mask, have a 200k car that can keep up with cruisers, OR to shoot the cop. Usually the end result is ZERO punishment, or a very lengthy punishment that causes you to abandon the character, make a new one and rinse and repeat.

Why do you think throwaways exist? It's not dying to each other that makes gang bangers make new characters... it's the 15 days in jail simply because my gang was being shot and killed the shooters, then got caught. Oh... why didn't I plead self-defense? Because then it's even LONGER than 15 days.

IC punishment for IC wrongdoings is IC. People cannot simply commit crimes without consequences, this is heavy roleplay server. Which means what? Which means you are supposed to invest your time into it, lot more time than what people usually invest in games. People abandoning characters halfway through their sentence means, they were never interested in roleplay to begin with. Also self-defence in gang shootout? Self-defence with what? Illegal firearm? People seem to forget that police and court usually add to sentence automatically if the convict is associated with known gang. And PD gang unit, makes sure every gang they stumble upon gets documented. Also it is only natural, that problematic areas have heavier police coverage and every situation is treated as possible armed assault. As soon as people understand, that their own actions cause similar reactions, server can get better.

7 hours ago, Engelbert said:

IC punishment for IC wrongdoings is IC. People cannot simply commit crimes without consequences, this is heavy roleplay server. Which means what? Which means you are supposed to invest your time into it, lot more time than what people usually invest in games. People abandoning characters halfway through their sentence means, they were never interested in roleplay to begin with. Also self-defence in gang shootout? Self-defence with what? Illegal firearm? People seem to forget that police and court usually add to sentence automatically if the convict is associated with known gang. And PD gang unit, makes sure every gang they stumble upon gets documented. Also it is only natural, that problematic areas have heavier police coverage and every situation is treated as possible armed assault. As soon as people understand, that their own actions cause similar reactions, server can get better.

illegal for the courts/PD to charge you and sentence you cuz you're associated with a gang. 

10 hours ago, Craazy said:

But I've seen active shootouts go on in Davis with no LEO intervention cause they're chasing some guy

Guess what, the police on this server is far too small to deal with peak time Davis, because you people blow each other up daily. If the Admins actually forced the consequences of that on you as it would realistically happen in real life, that wouldn't happen anymore. I'm talking full blown quarantine with roadblock checkpoints, anyone comes out of Davis they get sniffed by K9 dogs. But then the Donators start crying and the Panda Man has to interfere because they can't deathmatch each other anymore.

HOWEVER, the point I was trying to make was when multiple separate shootings are ignored

No one wants to go to Davis dude. No one likes doing arrests. It's 30 min-1 hr of your time you're never getting back, and for what? The dude you're arresting jumps on an alt and starts over with the ''criminal RP''. What have you achieved? You jailed a faceless guy and it took 1 hr of your life and it wasn't enjoyable RP.

In my experience your average criminal RPer starts putting out lazy one line emotes once caught, gives attitude even though he should really mind his tongue because he could easily get beat up on the way to prison and half the time they soft AFK by taking 1 minute to respond to a 1 line emote.

I can name instances where people will text their friends to shoot in the air if they're about to get searched during a stop

Well that's borderline powergaming because the cop would notice you texting during the Traffic stop. If you do a sneaky /sms blablabla you're a play 2 win player. You're not James Bond, you can't text with someone watching you without them seeing.

But when I do get pulled over in these areas, the LEOs call backup and get 4 cruisers behind them sometimes before they even walk up... then they pull up priors so they can terry frisk you

The priors are legit, and more cops should do that.

For ages criminal RPers complained that cops should fear being in South Central ( lol ). And now that they show a realistic presence by bringing a lot of cruisers you complain that it's too much. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Here's my answer to you. Being in PD/SD has far higher standards of quality than playing an independent criminal. There's a reason most people who apply don't ever make it to Police Officer II. It's a lot of work and not everyone has the ability to do it.

Cops responding with too much force or not enough force boils down to the Admins being incapable of containing illegal roleplay to a realistic level. There are World War 2 battles with fewer casualties per 1000 combatants than our city has. There's way too much crime, way too many weapons. It's way too easy for a criminal character to just make another, and this results in the LEO factions never really managing to curb crime. In turn, you are left with what is basically a Cops and Robbers server, or some funky Free Guy town where cops and criminals kill each other daily and nothing ever changes.

The only ones who can change anything are the Admins.

Edited by averycoolguy
  • Applaud 1
1 hour ago, Anders said:

illegal for the courts/PD to charge you and sentence you cuz you're associated with a gang. 

Being associated with a gang, adds up to one's sentence in some states. If they are charged and sentenced for something. 

Say you are charged with armed assault or robbery. If you are a member of a known and documented gang, prosecutor can add gang affilition enhacement to said charge, which usually means additional jail time. California has this in their law.

Edited by Engelbert
19 minutes ago, shaobadman said:

seems like some people are waking up to the realisation that striving for complete realism is impossible

There's a hell of a gap between complete realism and having a city so comically deadly that you have better odds of surviving World War 2.

Crazy talk, but there's something in the middle, and we should aim for that.

Edited by averycoolguy
  • Wuhtah locked this topic