People ignoring dead bodies (expecially when LEOs) hurt my soul

GambloTwitch

On 9/12/2021 at 7:12 AM, Dylan_Hankcock said:

Me chiming in is possibly the worst thing to do because of how people are going to take this comment but whatever, if the LSPD began patrolling around the so called " high crime areas " and attempted to speak with those said gangbangers or citizens around South Central then we'd simply get shot. Most gangbanging individuals who throw up random sets ICly are only on the server to DM and it's obvious. PD can't go out and conduct passive rp in South Central unless you're apart of the gangs division and even then you're bound to get lit up like it's the fourth of July. Those individuals don't care what you are or who you are, South Central is a warzone and everyone can agree with me on that. Off-duty or normal bystander, you'll get robbed, tossed around, played with, shot, or worse if you even attempt to make conversation. Only people that really care about the PD or SD is if they are shot and wanting help by being taken to the hospital or relived from dying. I see passive rp all the time from the LSPD. Why is it just PD that is always targeted in so called forum reports like this? It baffles me that we are so talked down upon because it's not up to /your/ expectations. PD goes out and engages with the community ICly, hint to why community relations is a whole division within the PD. Also, you only see pursuits 24/7 because everyone for some odd reason, tends to create a character that should run before even being pulled over or knowing the reason. If you want to go to jail for absolutely no reason maybe you should check out the new feature added to make a jail only character. The amount of people that come up to my char or the Mission Row police station randomly asking if they have warrants with a whole mask on, talk about being realistic. It's almost like most people who complain only want to target and degrade the PD or SD because again, it's not up to how you'd like it to be. The amount of passive interactions my char has had to where I've created not only good relationships with others, but fun and enjoyable interactions all around. I'm pretty sure the one's complaining are the ones that are constantly on illegal chars that deathmatch and have no life icly. More so just walking through Jamestown and dapping it with the homie and going on a hit down towards Brouge. Also the casing incident, I've never personally witnessed an officer being oblivious to casings along the ground and driving off, I've always seen them stop and call it in. Guess you need to step out of South Central more.  

I've never seen a more derogatory but at the same time wrong comment before. We've personally roleplayed with a lot of police officers, I personally roleplayed with a lot of gang members when I was in PD and SD. People who are willing to provide roleplay will always find a way. Guess you need to step out of your police car more.

Worth to mention I did SD OSS and PD DB roleplay for 2 years on and off. I was never shot for simply interacting with a gang.

Edited by RufioCas
  • Upvote 2
On 9/12/2021 at 6:51 AM, L I C E said:

Yeah IMO a big chunk of the black car and its associated gangs are just here to kill people. Always pushing for wars and fights, I sometimes wonder if they've even realized this isn't GTA online yet.

Lmfao I can't even disagree w/ that statement.

At least u don't see EME (Admittedly, useless.) go around planning literal domestic terrorism acts cos someone got mad when they get betrayed.

Edited by bbyK

lets stop blaming just illegal RP for stacking these dead bodies up though...

you know how many people on this server open fire on PD or SD just because its literally the meta..
when cops stack 8 cruisers on EVERY single chase and try to ram you to oblivion, most people either use dirtbikes and /masks to get away or they shoot the officers before the chase starts... this is because people naturally have play 2 win mentality so these things happen... i mean... this play 2 win mentality is whats causing the 8 cruiser chases and resulting in even MORE play 2 win mentality

plus, unofficial groups is a good concept but letting anyone make a thread and start a gang causes a lot of oversaturation, unnecessary beef, and an even worse reputation than we gang RPers already have (especially us black gang RPers),

as dustyboi said...

On 9/12/2021 at 10:10 AM, Dustyboi said:

Robo-gangsters and Robo-cops are a plague on both sides.

we can't expect to get rid of these robogangsters and robocops, right? i mean... i haven't seen anyone try...
usually if a cop is doing some fuckery, you get told to "take it IC"... which usually means you should take it to IA or sue... but there's no incentive in doing so
i remember when i was rping 13 and evading on a BMX before i almost got rammed twice and finally got hit the 3rd time.

it was taken to IA... it was taken to the courts... and it did literally nothing, because not only did the cop CK and reinstate on a new character... but there's also a rule/law that says you can't sue for more than $100,000 which is literally pubis amount of cash on this server

these problems need to be handled as they are produced.

part of my solution would be for LEO leaders to discourage and demotivate the 8 cruiser chases mentioned, or priotizing other incidents because its more fun...
for example, i get pulled over doing 300mph... we're rping... then out of nowhere, "its your lucky night" sprints back to cruiser and joins active pursuit/shooting

the second part? literally vice versa.
leaders of La eMe and Black Car need to discourage and demotivate the members within their many aligned sets, from doing robogangster things, such as biking up to every civilian type and asking them if "they need that gas" and telling them to fuck off if they don't want that mid grade garbage, or biking up to every female and saying "damn ma you fine af" and telling them to fuck off if they don't want that mid grade ERP...

at the end of the day, i guess what i'm trying to say is... it's not illegal rp's fault... it's not legal rp's fault... it's OUR fault
if you want a change then you need people in place who can help with that change and right now, there's nobody

• Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1
On 9/12/2021 at 9:42 AM, Dylan_Hankcock said:

Me chiming in is possibly the worst thing to do because of how people are going to take this comment but whatever, if the LSPD began patrolling around the so called " high crime areas " and attempted to speak with those said gangbangers or citizens around South Central then we'd simply get shot. Most gangbanging individuals who throw up random sets ICly are only on the server to DM and it's obvious. PD can't go out and conduct passive rp in South Central unless you're apart of the gangs division and even then you're bound to get lit up like it's the fourth of July. Those individuals don't care what you are or who you are, South Central is a warzone and everyone can agree with me on that. Off-duty or normal bystander, you'll get robbed, tossed around, played with, shot, or worse if you even attempt to make conversation. Only people that really care about the PD or SD is if they are shot and wanting help by being taken to the hospital or relived from dying. I see passive rp all the time from the LSPD. Why is it just PD that is always targeted in so called forum reports like this? It baffles me that we are so talked down upon because it's not up to /your/ expectations. PD goes out and engages with the community ICly, hint to why community relations is a whole division within the PD. Also, you only see pursuits 24/7 because everyone for some odd reason, tends to create a character that should run before even being pulled over or knowing the reason. If you want to go to jail for absolutely no reason maybe you should check out the new feature added to make a jail only character. The amount of people that come up to my char or the Mission Row police station randomly asking if they have warrants with a whole mask on, talk about being realistic. It's almost like most people who complain only want to target and degrade the PD or SD because again, it's not up to how you'd like it to be. The amount of passive interactions my char has had to where I've created not only good relationships with others, but fun and enjoyable interactions all around. I'm pretty sure the one's complaining are the ones that are constantly on illegal chars that deathmatch and have no life icly. More so just walking through Jamestown and dapping it with the homie and going on a hit down towards Brouge. Also the casing incident, I've never personally witnessed an officer being oblivious to casings along the ground and driving off, I've always seen them stop and call it in. Guess you need to step out of South Central more.  

unknown.png

PD meets nobody's expectations. And nobody's targeting PD. It's just a fact that there are not enough active Law Enforcement characters. Can't keep up with the illegal scene.

Going back on topic.

High murder rates IC aside, at the end of the day even when there is only a few select corpses around on a certain night, there's essentially nothing to really do with them other than just radio out to the coroners and have them slide by and pick it up or just NPC it yourself. Any real RP opportunities are almost completely void and absent from the entire situation, and it comes down to us (LEOs) having to do the same few lines of text a few times throughout the week if not on a single day.

There is of course the one in a few scene where more roleplay's done around the corpse, primarily because there is actual roleplay to do, compared to the random generic corpse on the road in the middle of Forum Drive which has no one around it, just a bunch of casings, no items on it and no way to take the incident in-character to a realistic extent considering the person was just PKed and he is actually around the corner as we're roleplaying with his recently deceased person.

Its gotten to the point where calling it a small and quick nuisance is an understatement, it takes up a good amount of time, nothing comes out of it and nothing interesting happens when you do deal with it. 

Edited by HaminLord

Personally unless I got nothing better to do I just choose to ignore dead bodies, I've been on here for a week-ish and the bodies I see on a daily basis is pretty much the same I used to see in samp, unless it's a person I had an interaction with whether briefly or not, I opt to ignore a body, only if I got nothing else to do I'd roleplay around it. Asking civilians to roleplay around 10 bodies a day is just a waste of everyone's time. If anything you should ask people that do the crime to hide any traces of it instead of leaving bodies on the streets like it's a civil war torn country.

Can someone from any law enforcement agency explain to me why a scene around a body lasts for ages? I feel like a lot of the extra roleplay around a dead body could be cut in half to save everyone's time unless it's an important crime scene that could lead to more RP rather than just roleplay it for the sake of roleplaying. 

1 hour ago, MeowTheEpic said:

Can someone from any law enforcement agency explain to me why a scene around a body lasts for ages? I feel like a lot of the extra roleplay around a dead body could be cut in half to save everyone's time unless it's an important crime scene that could lead to more RP rather than just roleplay it for the sake of roleplaying. 

A few reasons they can last a while!  For one, there are expectations of everyone around.  If there is a body in the middle of Little Seoul gas station with 10 civilians around it, the LEO handling it is kind of centre stage and representing their faction. it's not a good impression if PD or SD roll up, and have the body gone in five minutes.  Another forum topic would crop up criticising the shallow and poor RP of LEOs and comparing it to how long it takes in real life.  Another reason is the paperwork: the documenting of the scene isn't just for show, they have to write a report with photographs AND the report should be good enough that a detective could pick it up later.  They have to formulate the narrative of what happened, which means asking witnesses and pondering if CCTV might have picked anything up.  If so, then start PMing people OOCly asking if there is a recording or "what the CCTV would show".  They also need to collect evidence such as casings and blood (with proper RP).  If it's a basic cop they also might need to page for detectives/CSI/someone more experienced to help them process the scene.  Then there is the wait for FD to confirm the death and/or DMEC to process the body.  Soooo...yeah it all adds up, and could all be for nothing when it's just Mr LolDM on his throwaway char that nobody cares about.

Edited by Paenymion
  • Wuhtah locked this topic