People ignoring dead bodies (expecially when LEOs) hurt my soul

GambloTwitch

15 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

Your points are fair, but we also need to acknowledge the fact, that many criminals are trigger-happy meth excuse using hotheads. Many times if a cop dares to flash their lights at someone for a routine stop, or chooses to follow a car for a moment, they are usually met with hail of bullets and end up in report section. Nobody is shifting the blame on anyone, because all sides are equally guilty here. Civilians being fed up with high crime rates, so they often choose to go the quicker draw wins, way. PD being annoyed by the amount of calls they get every moment and lastly criminals being fed up with the fact, that everyone blames them for everything. Which isn't true (yet people do that). While everyone understands, that this is a game. We must settle down and finally decide what we want it to be. Simulation style realism, or more arcade oriented realism. We cannot have both.

We can always have the best of both worlds, as we clearly stated it's an IC issue that demands IC actions taken, assuming the senate and the government allocates funds for LEO factions and aren't just unlimited funds, up their funds, start a recruitment drive with benefits to motivate a civilian into becoming the change they want to see in the streets, enforce stricter IC laws against /extra violent/ crimes, plenty of things can be done ICly if people really wanted to roleplay it rather than complain and hope criminals just cease their IC shenanigans one day. As for an OOC nudge, I believe main streets should have either scripted or RP'd CCTV cameras, businesses fitting outdoors and indoors cameras should also be part of their licensing agreement, crime and be curbed, it just needs a push to the right direction to force low quality criminals into upping their level or simply die out. Good roleplayers will find ways to bypass the system, bad ones will complain about how law enforcement factions are crippling their roleplay rather than overcome that obstacle.

We can complain all day every day, I like doing it too but sometimes to have fun you gotta do the things a lot of people aren't willing to accept, when change happens they'll accept it. PM IFM/LFM heads with realistic ideas, lobby the senate ICly into clamping down hard on crime. A life of crime is boring and mundane without the government on my neck trying to bust me at every given opportunity, criminals with something to offer will thrive and prosper, ones that live for petty low quality crime and chain robbing will end up with a life sentence. Eventually when the root cause was dealt with, Law Enforcement can get lenient again until crime gets unrealistically high again.

As for Civilian roleplayers they need to accept that crime will forever exist, you can clamp on it to a degree but flushing it out is impossible and highly unrealistic and frankly a stupid thing to attempt to do or even contemplate.

48 minutes ago, Trupiano said:

Ultimately however, what's lacking in the evidence/investigation update does not effect PD's ability to perform crime suppression.

Here is the problem. When you have a lot of units in specific areas, people complain that they are not given enough time for growth and the power that be proceed to tell said faction leaders "Hey, can you guys make sure your units patrol less in X area, they're complaining about too many cops." Naturally, Faction Leaders are reasonable people, Police units start patrolling less in these areas and mostly respond to 911 calls from such areas to be reasonable in letting growth occur. No communication is ever given back to Police presence is a necessity in these areas again once that growth period is over, thus said areas become lawless until threads like these appear and we go back to square one of units once again patrolling these areas consistently until another complaint is raised and the vicious cycle continues. 

It's not like Crime Suppression doesn't happen, it's just been forced to be more reactionary than pro-active, especially more so that the Sheriffs Department has a Station in Davis now, LEO response to certain situations have to be monitored as proportionate or else the complaints that there are too many cops to the criminal ratio in these high crime areas. The argument of cops roleplaying fear in these areas will also get thrown in but that's a completely different topic. 

Overall, there needs to be dialogue on what people consider proportionate crime suppression, whether that be IC/OOC or both remains to be seen. 

1 hour ago, Trupiano said:

This behavior by PD is understandable however given the lack of workable information left on bodies. Which leads me to believe that the evidence/investigation update could use a refresh. Maybe we can see some joint talks between DB and IFM council to identify a happy middle ground.

1 hour ago, Trupiano said:

The crime rate is an IC issue which warrants an IC response.

What's the point of spending hours/weeks investigating when the criminal goes to jail comes out in 2 weeks and starts murdering again or even better hops on an alt while the jail time ticks down and does the same shit?

And if PD/Legal wanted to put in measures like giving every citizen the right to bear arms ( which realistically should happen since our Los Santos is a World War II Battlefield ) the admins would interfere OOC and stop that because Illegal RPers ( read: Donators ) will complain that it's unfair how the citizens can now fight back, or that it's ''imbalanced'' ( why tf does it have to be ''balanced'' ). If Los Santos was a real place you'd have cops with the ability to stop, frisk and get into your house without a warrant. This place is a complete criminal dystopia, but for some reason we use real world laws and rights which don't fit at all considering 50 people get gunned down daily on a population of 700.

Edited by averycoolguy

Problem is, a scene with nothing but casings and a dead body is 9/10 a dead end. And witnesses normally do not talk to cops IC, which is understandable, it's a gang area. But from an OOC perspective? It gets dull, you go to those scenes, photograph the body and evidence, HOPE a witness seen anything, which 9/10 they never do, and then you call Coroners, that's it. I wouldn't call it exactly appealing. I personally do it for the RP though.
Lastly, I mean no disrespect but when the cops do increase the presence in Davis, there's always people complaining it's not realistic to patrol a high gang area and it restricts them in what they can do, it's a no win situation. 

Edited by nelsondx
  • Upvote 3
5 hours ago, MeowTheEpic said:

I genuinely just hangout around Vespucci areas as it's the only place I managed to find some roleplay on the streets and I only notice 1 passing cruiser every 10-20 minutes at best, if there's another area that's heavily populated that isn't Davis-Rancho feel free to suggest it to me and I'll do my best to judge it firsthand

a few months ago vespucci was somehow more dangerous for cops than davis/rancho, if i had to take a guess i'd say that people still avoid it to keep from being opened up on randomly, even if its no longer as hostile as it was

legion square, pillbox hill, alta, hawick, etc etc

1 hour ago, Daquan Kingston said:

I kept it IC & went inactive. RPing that all of my characters only visit Los Santos occasionally because they do not find it fit to live in. 

I actually did the same for a while. I pushed one of my characters away. She only flies to Los Santos when she has work there.

I fully pin the blame on IFM and IFM alone. This "streets are magically empty when crime occurs" shit is the reason you're seeing forty bodies a day. It was never this bad before that ruling. Ever since you can kill, rob, beat or steal any time, anywhere and nothing comes of it. Pair this with a plethora of issues like poor quality unofficial factions, suppliers selling to any Tom, Dick or Harry and sprinkled with it all being too much work for the admin team to police... Yeah. I watch truck drivers loot corpses right in front of me, ahaha, it's wild. And I can't be bothered to waste my time writing a forum report for it to take two weeks for either no action or for the banned player to simply ban evade, rejoin and continue. Once you see the humor in LS being a warzone you'll have fun again. If you're not rping being desensitized to it all ur doing it wrong. As that IC paradise website says - learn to love and accept it.

• Upvote 5
  • Applaud 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic