Prison changes for illegal roleplayers

Nervous

Jail changes  

270 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think idea is fairly fine, however, firstly one can start with something less intrusive. Basically, I'm not sure ( correct me if I'm wrong ) but one can have an alt in same faction that he's currently joined with main character. I wouldn't allow this for LEO factions / Illegal factions. So ONE can't jump to alt if something happens to his/her main character.

Next, I would think of the way to increase time for interaction between male & female prison population, while it might no be 100 percent realistic it may help with RP. I think that trading a bit of realism for better and more constant RP is fair deal.

Edited by Revolter
2 minutes ago, Revolter said:

I would think of the way to increase time for interaction between male & female prison population, while it might no be 100 percent realistic it may help with RP. I think that trading a bit of realism for better and more constant RP is fair deal.

We've not only left realism behind, at this point it's either been buried or picked apart by local wildlife. Letting prison populations mingle would significantly help improve prison roleplay.

Edited by DasFroggy

this female/male prison population issue was a topic of debate for years on previous servers. we honestly never got to a conclusion. if female characters are in there its shit for the prison rpers. i would prioritise them in prison related changes, not people who might be there once in 3 months.

16 minutes ago, Coburn said:

You can be a criminal without violence easily. 

When someone attempts to steal your drugs or stolen goods or extort your criminal enterprise, you can't go to the police but you can just let it happen. You can also shrug your shoulders if they refuse to pay a drug debt or boot you from their territory. And then when other people find out that there are no repercussions for exploiting you and decide to do it themselves, you can shrug your shoulders at them too.

Violence is the major enforcement mechanism for underworld business, so the idea that you can 'easily' be a career criminal without violence is idiotic.

Edited by Kipps
  • Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, Kipps said:

the idea that you can 'easily' be a career criminal without violence is idiotic

Massive difference in being a career criminal and being in an organisation.

Also blackmail is a thing, you know.

Edited by Coburn
9 hours ago, Nervous said:

Forcing everyone to roleplay the jail will lead to a massive decrease of jail roleplay and a big amount of AFKers.

No need to force someone to sit up their jailtime for reckless driving or other misdemeanors  but once you do a violent crime or let's say: getting a felony charge, I think you should be forced to do the time. In your case only people in a faction are  getting like ''punished'' and people like me who either refuse to /faccept or just don't RP with a faction but only in a small group of friends can stay logged off while doing their time for buglary or robbery or what ever even though we probably did the same as the faction member who's forced to do a part of their time online.

• Wuhtah locked this topic