Prison changes for illegal roleplayers

Nervous

Jail changes  

270 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Following a discussion within illegal faction management council (faction leaders & IFM administrators), we are suggesting the implementation of the following changes to the prison

- All members of a scripted illegal faction will be forced to roleplay 1/3 of their prison time (up to 10 hours maximum) online.

This change has been requested by jail faction leaders to ensure that all illegal characters roleplay the impact of their actions and being sent in jail : if your faction has an active conflict with a jail faction your character may be at a high risk of CK if sent to jail, forcing everyone to be careful to avoid being arrested.

We did not wish to force this change one every players, as the goal isn't to fill the prison with people who will AFK in cells or have nothing interesting to roleplay there.

I am curious to see the general community's opinion on this subject to make sure we are all on the same page about this change.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

I'd say that's pretty cool and all but 1) people would purposely do /factionleave as they get arrested 2) minors aren't housed with adults irl so people rping those would be forced to rp & there's plenty more.

We already thought about it, there will be a check to prevent this 🙂 

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Vassilios said:

I think everyone should be forced to roleplay a part of their prison sentence. I've had way too many court case mean nothing because the dude either namechanged during or after it. I know there's a rule in place but it doesn't seem to be followed.

Forcing everyone to roleplay the jail will lead to a massive decrease of jail roleplay and a big amount of AFKers, we had this example on LSRP where everyone was AFK (myself included I admit) during their 8 hours of jail. It is out of the debate for now, and the poll isn't about this. We could however add a system where the player using the arrest command can indicate if the roleplay must be done online or not (1/3 of the time) for specific cases like this.

Edited by Nervous
  • Upvote 1

People who aren't completely reckless don't get jailed that often, and jail produces character development and networking opportunities. It's not a big ask for people to occasionally spend some of their time roleplaying there.

Also, saying you want to roleplay a criminal without jail is like saying you want to roleplay a criminal without violence. Both are core parts of the scene.

There is a huge LSSD faction and four active cars, plus all the lifer characters people have, to generate activity there for people too. 

• Upvote 4

I think this would be a pretty good idea. Realistically it's only 10 hours capped and it gives you the motivation to use jail as some sort of way to develop a character slightly rather than just logging out and coming back to the character when your out to rejoin your group with nothing inbetween. Increasing the RP for those in TTCF will also be nice. It's also a decent middleground where it increases the level of punishment/want to be careful with your crimes, but isn't overly punishing if you get caught imo.

Edited by Odin
  • Upvote 1

This should be changed to  All members of any illegal faction/group will be forced to roleplay 1/3 of their prison time (up to 10 hours maximum) online.

There are ALOT of unofficial groups on the server. Maybe implementing a system where any player that’s listed as a known/affiliated gang member must be forced to role-play 1/3 of their prison time.

Edited by TyJ
  • Upvote 2
  • Wuhtah locked this topic