why do people rp british and would the server be better if we banned it

Gallagher

18 minutes ago, Chuckles said:

This is a subject I've touched on on another thread about a standard being kept across-the-board. IFM enforce one standard, FM adhere to a completely different one. On one hand you've got immersion in mind and on the other you've got disregard. It creates this weird parallel of quality and expectation. People are apprehended daily for "poor portrayal" when it comes to actions but unrealistic characterization is completely disregarded. I feel that if characters are to roleplay as migrants then any form of criminality should leave them open to a CK through "deportation." Yesterday alone I seen a British bar, with British bartenders, British patrons and four British members of law enforcement casually roam around it, both inside and out.

As an example, somebody made a claim of the bathroom in the aforementioned bar being "unisex." The bartender shouts across the room "it's not bloody unisex ya, tit, it's the women's loo!" The member of law enforcement follows up by telling him to "let it go mate."

If people are being punished for unrealistic roleplay, they should be reprimanded for unrealistic characterization, too. 

That same person said " Wow UNISEX toilets? What is this a Fa*gots bar?" which prompted the response, also Barry never used the term LOO. 😆

1 minute ago, Oak said:

Dude thinks that British chars should colonize the parts of the city I think HAHAHA

no, i think other ethnicities are useful because they offer unique businesses and have a culture that works well within the LA microcosm we are trying to maintain.

british characters dont do this.

To be fair. You can't really use the argument "RPQM those that are portraying unrealistic characters" When I've seen the average waiting time for a RPQM report to be over a month. Also fat no to everything even close to managing what type of characters people are using. That's frankly nobody's business besides the person who makes the character. If he's British? Sucks for you. You don't see me walking up to a dude from the UK going "I sure hate how British you are and how you talk." 

Tweak RPQM in such a way that it runs smoother & able to handle a large influx of reports. Provide alternatives to those that have "Unrealistic characters" and explain to them where they went wrong, some folks literally have no clue and have zero malicious intent. And give no quarter to trolls / people who do it deliberately to fuck with everyone else.

But outright banning people for roleplaying a nationality? Yea, I can give you a few notable points in human history where people tried doing that. Didn't work out that well. 

1 minute ago, Engelbert said:

I am not sure, but a bar in the middle of Los Santos filled with british patrons and american cops using english instead of american english, is pretty rpqm.

then report it and stop complaining about what people rp or don’t rp as, it’s getting really tiring at this point

It's because they're quite easy to portray, especially if you're British IRL, and I guess on paper at least it's something uncommon to Los Santos.  Unfortunately, if everyone has the same idea it does become common.  Maybe there should just be a kind of informational text when you create a char of things that people think are unique but are not.  Like "Welcome to GTA:W, create your character.  Try to make something that isn't super common, for example we have lots of British characters, lesbians and asians in souped up cars."  (Or whatever else is too common).

Edited by Paenymion

the question shouldn't be 'why shouldn't you role play british' but 'why you should role play british' diversity is always a good thing in role play concepts and anything that helps blow the dust off of the umpteenth rendition of Smith Street Bloods, King Park Crips and Lil Bunny Boys 13 is a step forward 

Just now, Pet4R said:

Well what's the problem then? If there is no British culture as you say, let the British characters role-play the way they want to.

but it ruins the immersion of anyone who wants LA to feel like LA and the characters are often so terrible that they stick out like a sore thumb