why do people rp british and would the server be better if we banned it

Gallagher

Just now, Odin said:

What's your reasonable proposal then? I find it unreasonable to tell 1000's of players their character will be deleted whether you/I dislike it or not. It's getting to levels of micromanaging that I'm not really comfortable seeing if we have to tell people they're not allowed to RP realistic characters just because proportions are off (and if they're unrealistic its an easy RPQM report as is.)

I personally dislike the proportions and I RP a full born American that's a descendant of immigrants like most modern Americans, so its not like I'm even on their side here. The proper thing to do is get a notepad and draft a reasonable set of outlines that address the issue and put it in the suggestions area.

i understand its a difficult position to be in and i dont envy you.

maybe even just getting a british admin to identify players reported to RPQM who are waaaay over the top could help. if youre esentially rping a stereotype what use are you.

not to mention, if you're a Glasweigan in LA, you arent going to continue speaking in this thick scottish dialect because NOBODY would understand you. you would slow down how you speak and slowly change how you speak so that youre capable of having a conversation. 

british vernacular shouldnt be too noticeable in your character because the human brain adapts to its surroundings very quickly. 

accents are harder to ditch, ofc.

so, the odd "mate" here and there is fine but OI BLIMEY WHO WANTS A PINT WITH THE LADS is totally out of order. 

• Upvote 2
Just now, Gallagher said:

i understand its a difficult position to be in and i dont envy you.

maybe even just getting a british admin to identify players reported to RPQM who are waaaay over the top could help. if youre esentially rping a stereotype what use are you.

not to mention, if you're a Glasweigan in LA, you arent going to continue speaking in this thick scottish dialect because NOBODY would understand you. you would slow down how you speak and slowly change how you speak so that youre capable of having a conversation. 

british vernacular shouldnt be too noticeable in your character because the human brain adapts to its surroundings very quickly. 

accents are harder to ditch, ofc.

so, the odd "mate" here and there is fine but OI BLIMEY WHO WANTS A PINT WITH THE LADS is totally out of order. 

Ehh, lad and lass is widely adopted OOCly, cause it's not just the british, but nearly everyone is using those. It's either "Ayo shawty" or "Oi lass" for me.

It doesn't make sense at all with the amount of British characters there is and it's safe to say I don't agree with those numbers, but I have to agree that the staff team can't order dozens of players to delete their characters as the backlash would truly be...something. 

RPQM is the way for any character that falls under unrealistic portrayal etc.

pls no more british characters😭

11 minutes ago, Gallagher said:

entering the blue lion last night is the reason i made this thread

HERRO i own the Blue Lion, may I ask who was giving you COR BLIMEYS and other such things? I swear to god if you are the guy who keeps calling Barry "Arthur Shelby" because Barry wears a flat cap then that shits on you friend, I use very little BRI' ISH isms because its just gibberish to most other players. Though to be completely honest you do have a point about alot of them. People go too far RPing the accents or using mannerisms that literally just come across as drooling to non british players.

I think what it really boils down to is a majority of the server is Europeans who either are from the UK or had their English heavily influenced by the UK due to proximity. So they stick to what feels natural to them. 

You also have a subset of people who choose to roleplay having a sexy English(any variety), Scottish, or Irish accent in hopes they’ll attract more partners.