why do people rp british and would the server be better if we banned it

Gallagher

8 minutes ago, Pet4R said:

You could literally say this for any other nationality that is role-played on this server excluding American.

Not really.

A lot of these other nationalities come in factions, they bring culture and a sense of a 'community' with them. What other nationalities would you say are on-par with British people in-game?

British characters are often oddly placed around. They don't really fit in. A lot of it comes down to self-insert and you can see this in the lack of background when you look at these British characters. If there is any? It's often poorly put together and makes little sense and involves them being an orphan.

At the same time however? There really isn't much you can do about this.

Edited by SOMOS COMO SOMOS
7 minutes ago, Gallagher said:

nope, other nationalities offer something to the city. british culture doesnt exist on this server. theres just british characters.

Can you define "British culture" for me?

Edited by Pet4R
4 minutes ago, TheSenate said:

I think what it really boils down to is a majority of the server is Europeans who either are from the UK or had their English heavily influenced by the UK due to proximity. So they stick to what feels natural to them. 

You also have a subset of people who choose to roleplay having a sexy English(any variety), Scottish, or Irish accent in hopes they’ll attract more partners.

I guess people should pay more attention, where are they roleplaying their characters. Cause we are in what actually is LA. Whether is it natural or not, being a a european in EU and european in US are two different things. Besides many countries around the world are accustomed to what is percieved as international english, which is largely influenced by american english rather than actual english.

Edited by Engelbert

our gameplay is already micromanaged and controlled by admins to hell and back, making some things not enjoyable. people who complain about others’ rp just don’t put enough time and energy into their own.

stop caring about what others do and don’t do. report trolls and unrp behavior/actions.

Edited by Katherine
6 minutes ago, Capo Di Tutti Capi said:

There are about 3.5 immigrants living in Los Angeles, a city prime for tourism and inviting people from around the world. It's not unrealistic at all to have immigrants roleplaying. GTAW gives freedom to all the roleplayers to portray whatever they want, I think the main problem is the roleplay quality which is a different issue and there are server resources that you can go to for that. 

Being a tourist is one thing, being a local is another. I don't think the thread's geared towards those walking up Boulevard taking pictures of the stars. When you're being pulled over by British cops five times a day you start to wonder if you're being "punked." I feel the exact same way about this as I do the straight-off-the-boat Irish speaking factions/criminals. 

Just now, Katherine said:

our gameplay is already micromanaged to hell and back, making some things not enjoyable. people who complain about others’ rp just don’t put enough time and energy into their own.

stop caring about what others do and don’t do. report trolls and unrp behavior/actions.

I am not sure, but a bar in the middle of Los Santos filled with british patrons and american cops using english instead of american english, is pretty rpqm.