Low-, Mid- and High-end clothing stores

Koko

Short description: Divide the current clothing script into separate tiers with different prices to better represent economic status and spending habits.

Detailed description: As things stand, the current clothing system doesn't really do anything in telling you how much of a spender someone is, but rather how much they look like they spend. A designer dress or branded clothing that might cost hundreds or thousands IRL, and things like gold chains cost the same $100 a pop than a basic $5 basic white T-Shirt.

Separating our current selection of clothes in different tiers makes it so that rich characters have another small money sink to dress nice, and hood characters can lean on the economic clout of wearing brand and designer clothes or expensive jewelry and have it actually mean more than it currently does.

Commands to add: 

Items to add: SHOES AND SNEAKERS PLEASE.

How would your suggestion improve the server?: I believe it'd add more realism and different chances at things like Hood Rich characters to have added clout according to their dress, and having outfits tell more about our characters.

It's also a chance to increase spending of IG money in other things. You want your model to be iced out? Pay for it. Do you pose in borrowed Balmains on Facebrowser but wear cheap clothes IG? That's a chance for opps to laugh at you etc.

Additional information: I think it might also be reasonable to add a timer when you buy an outfit to have a 15 min window to edit it free of cost, to avoid leaving the shop and realize something clips or you chose the wrong torso.

• Upvote 2

Support this suggestion. Though to make things easier. Make shop entry be deducted from bank account. Say binco store costs 100$ Suburban is more brand oriented so let's say 300-500$? High end clothing store may have their fees up to 2000-5000$ for example. But as I said, make it deductable from bank account, else you will have robbers stalking streets with luxurious clothing shops.

I always thought it'd be cool if you could only wear what you bought, then clothing items could have very varying prices, and you'd only have to buy it once.

not 100% sure about this though

But the timer addition would be needed yepyepyep, if you go for different categories.

Unfortunately outfits slots is monetized or clothes probably could be nicer.

Also I don't want to have to go to different stores if it's still todays system of purchasing an entire outfit 

Edited by bricksbricksbricks

No. Not unless the current outfit system is completely reworked from the ground up.

Half my uses of clothing stores are OOC to make different combinations of items or minor adjustments.

That, and with the exception of a few branded items, most clothes are generic and could represent all kinds of price points. Even branded items could be second hand or fake, etc, etc. Or stolen.

38 minutes ago, orca112 said:

With the current system, it will be a pain in the ass - running to store 1 for a pair of shoes, then having to run to store 2 to get your pants and the shirt you want? Well shit, it is in store 3 a the other end of the city.

Yeah agreed. No thanks.

17 hours ago, orca112 said:

With the current system, it will be a pain in the ass - running to store 1 for a pair of shoes, then having to run to store 2 to get your pants and the shirt you want? Well shit, it is in store 3 a the other end of the city.

Have the high end store have everything, the mid-tier have everything minus the high-end stuff, and the low-tier show the more basic selection, no reason not to, and all the convenience is there if you choose the more costly option.

Edited by Koko
  • Wuhtah locked this topic