Camera jitters

Allantrist

I don't know how to explain it, so just watch the streamable of my game. It only does it in game, my mouse doesn't jitter about on my other monitor when using forums or discord.

It does it when driving or running my character around. It's not all the time, occasional, but when it does happen, it's fucking annoying and dangerous because I can't have it keep doing that while I'm trying to drive.

Prewarning, I know nothing about computers so try and dumb the explanation down for me.
https://streamable.com/1zbcnn

Hey, have you tried changing to a different Mouse Input Method? Super easy to do, just go to your in-game settings, then under the Keyboard / Mouse tab, the very first option is what I'd try adjusting first. I use Raw Input, but DirectInput works too.

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, dodGE said:

Hey, have you tried changing to a different Mouse Input Method? Super easy to do, just go to your in-game settings, then under the Keyboard / Mouse tab, the very first option is what I'd try adjusting first. I use Raw Input, but DirectInput works too.

I will try that because I just realized that it's whenever I lift my mouse off the pad, even slightly.

Could be the laser under the mouse has a build-up of dust/dirt/pet hair/etc. and might need a quick cleaning with a cotton swab, it's pretty hard to say. My wireless mouse does that too sometimes, but not quite as bad as what I see in your Streamable. Each mouse is different and they can be finicky though, so it's hard to say what's exactly causing your camera jitters.

• Wuhtah locked this topic