Change the official faction process; make it worth it:

Ronnie two poles

21 hours ago, Tony White said:

The issue is nothing gets handled In-character no more. It takes away from both PD and the criminal roleplayers. We're roleplaying in a crime infested city that's overpopulated. It's not gonna be roses and everything is dandy and perfect. Admins will punish players ooc  for IC shit. What's the point of PD if they ain't here to investigate crime? Every time an admin voids a crime, and ajails the criminal - it takes away from everyone. 

I guess you can try bringing it up to legal FM but they swept everything under the rug I've ever asked them about.  

Time to let people RP dumb criminals lol. 

I've advocated for some changes within IFM Council and I'll continue to do so. Personally I want the faction system changed because it's the only way I can see of actually enforcing standards and promoting the better factions - at the moment it's a free for all.

That being said, an LSRP-like system is not something I advocate either. I was also part of FM there and I can confirm the process was a joke. It didn't uphold standards, all you had to do to be official was be around long enough, not break rules and be at least mediocre in your roleplay.

This server needs something new. A way to promote the better factions without directly duplicating LSRP's flawed system.

23 minutes ago, Large Hazard said:

I was also part of FM

As was I, when LS:RP was at it's peak and not public FM either. 

But anywhoo, yeah I agree this server needs something new and unique that'll draw people who are interested in illegal RP or not yet on GTA:W, but turn it away due to it's illegal RP reputation. I would love to get both established and non-established faction leaders/members to input on what they think could help get illegal RP on the right foot. 

1 hour ago, Ronnie two poles said:

But anywhoo, yeah I agree this server needs something new and unique that'll draw people who are interested in illegal RP or not yet on GTA:W, but turn it away due to it's illegal RP reputation. I would love to get both established and non-established faction leaders/members to input on what they think could help get illegal RP on the right foot. 

That's basically the intended make-up of IFM Council, which was recently expanded to try and cover a mixed demographic like that. I'll be bringing this topic up again for discussion in there.

10 hours ago, Ronnie two poles said:

Curious to know who you were on LSRP when you were in FM?

Hazard was a relatively vocal advocate within FM for years and part of the minority who pushed for a certain quality across the board there. One thing you can say about LSRP is that it had a much more varietal illegal scene and better overall excellence but as a collective, its enforcement team was relatively weak and flawed. You couldn't have a voice if you weren't staff and you couldn't have a say unless you were an administrator. A green name shouldn't be the end-all-be-all and transparency is a key ingredient to a successful government. 

As far as I know there's already a concoction of faction leaders giving their input and brainstorming in concordance with IFM. 

Edited by Chuckles
  • Upvote 1