Abnormal gun prices

Tony White

Never pay for a pistol for over 40k. Anything like a glock, sns, combat, sig, ect should never be over 30k and even that's pushing it. Gun suppliers only pay like 5k for a rifle and like 3k per pistol last time I saw the screens of the list a few months ago. 

Either way, blame the greedy people for screwing up the pricing, is what I'm getting at.

How is selling a pistol for a hundred thousand an ic issue? It fucks up gun prices on the server. 

Once again, it's not me who's getting scammed, it's just bad for the server overall. 

When guns are getting sold at those shitty prices it's not going to the right people (factions), it's going to a bunch of trash rpers. It takes away from factions on the server, and it's just shit. It's not an IC issue at all, it's just being greedy. 

And once again, I know you don't need to buy it, and I'll laugh at someone for offering me a pistol for a hundred thousand, but it happens - and people buy it. It's just bad for the overall gun economy on the server. 

Edited by Tony White

I don't know, same thing as the Real Estate market, unregulated prices are driven by supply and demand with little outside factors due to game limitations. If one is willing to pay excess amounts of cash for a gun just to lose it five minutes later in an unnecessary shootout then that is on them.

20 hours ago, icarusfeather said:

There are no rules against scamming for drugs and guns - as long as it is done ICly.

Things like being ripped off for guns and drugs is inevitable unless your character has some street knowledge gained from experience, which is just like real life. Some sort of OOC price list is impossible anyway because the way the market fluctuates you will see guns sold for 30K one month and then they get so rare that the price is jacked up to like 50k+

The last part you mentioned is important within the games current economy since there's a similar issue going on right now. There's been an influx on rifles so the inverse of your statement has happened, with their prices decreasing at times, where as some SMGs have became taxed due to a lack of them within the gun economy. IMO If you're spending 90K on a PISTOL? That's an IC problem that you need to figure out... You're obviously not intune/connected w the illegal market and need to ig roleplay 2 figure out it lol

1 hour ago, Tony White said:

How is selling a pistol for a hundred thousand an ic issue? It fucks up gun prices on the server. 

Once again, it's not me who's getting scammed, it's just bad for the server overall. 

When guns are getting sold at those shitty prices it's not going to the right people (factions), it's going to a bunch of trash rpers. It takes away from factions on the server, and it's just shit. It's not an IC issue at all, it's just being greedy. 

And once again, I know you don't need to buy it, and I'll laugh at someone for offering me a pistol for a hundred thousand, but it happens - and people buy it. It's just bad for the overall gun economy on the server. 

Don't really know how a mallrat/idk what type of roleplayer purchasing a singular pistol at an extremely taxed price is going to effect the overall gun economy... And then most established factions already have understandable relations with a gun dealer OR are suppliers themselves (Speaking OCGs/LCN Factions specifically since they're usually connected within their own way) so its like who knows......

A high ceiling wouldn't be a bad thing. If you're selling $70,000 pistols or whatever, you're on the same level as the people buying them in terms of realism. Unrealistic shit like that shouldn't be encouraged anymore than selling houses for unrealistic amounts. Go figure, people drop the "its IC argument" when it comes to that or cars. 

With that being said, it should still be pretty damn high but defending outlandish stuff like that is silly. 

Edited by Momo's Revenge