Chain robbing vehicles clarification and suggestion

Hi. The concept of chain robberies in the rules is stated like this:

Chaining robberies on your character unless adequately roleplayed will be considered unrealistic and a poor portrayal of a character, so be careful If you choose to go that way.  

E.G.

• Going door to door to each house and/or vehicle to check if it is unlocked is considered chain robbing.
  • Consistently robbing people in a very short period of time. Players should wait a while before attempting this again.

Now, I've been PM'ed by an admin informing me to stop that I was chain robbing through vehicles(/vbreakin).

I was sure, before the PM, I was doing it OK because of the enlighted part. In the rule, in the examples, one says: "to check if it is unlocked" and it doesn't mention the break in part through lockpicks. Going from car to car trying to open the door without any roleplay or risk of getting caught for GTA is of course something that I agree it should be punished in the game and avoided. But, I feel myself there's something wrong in the chain robbing of vehicles if you cannot try to break into multiple vehicles.

Trying to get into vehicles is not something as dangerous as robbing people at gunpoint. No one makes "Robbing people at gunpoint" a job for a living. Or, if they do, they for sure do not perform one robbery a day or more than one. So it's fair to have a rule that breaks the chain robbing with firearms and weapons on people. But breaking into cars is something that actually requires skills not to get caught(and also to practice it). It's something that many people do for a living in real life. I used to drive around in Los Santos and pick up the best spots to try to break into a vehicle, and I had fun doing it. The adrenaline was fun, and it was fun the moment you had to check if something valuable was inside. I feel like I'm done now with vehicle theft because I can only open like 2 vehicles and then wait one hour to try for more. I think GTA is already a high risk In-Game through the severity of the penal code itself and the amount of police around Los Santos. And, also, it's both realistic and could be real profitable illegal job for a character with a good portrayal of it and good skills.

Edited by GambloTwitch
  • GambloTwitch changed the title to Chain robbing vehicles clarification and suggestion