What is your take on prostitution roleplay?

Yoak

There's demand. There'll be supply. Simple as that. Nothing wrong in getting your piece of the pie. As long as it is roleplayed properly and people understand how modern day prostitution works I have no quarrel with it. While it is true that some people use that roleplay as a get-rich-quick scheme and then namechange into a more serious character that is apparently wealthy, it is a negative that we'll simply have to endure.

if the role's researched, yes.
if players looking to develop prostitute characters understand the actual concepts and topics such roleplay involves (human and sex trafficking, addiction, sexually-transmitted disease and abuse, operating outside of law), yes.

if pimps actually cared about their girls like pimps are supposed to, if they were capable of being manipulative and subversive, instead of just trying to extort the people doing the bulk of the roleplay without providing any roleplay on their own, yes.

and yes, especially if characters don't disappear from the server after collecting an arbitrarily set sum of money or carry on like they weren't dabbling in prostitution/straight up writing it out of their character development.

• Upvote 1

If someone makes a character solely to stand on the curb 24/7 and only do ERP all day with no real character development, yeah that's a problem. In fact, its already against the rules to make such a character that revolves solely around sexual RP.

But if someone can correctly develop their character while still RPing as a prostitute, then as long as no rules are being broken, I don't see anything wrong with it. Its the same thing with stripper RP. There's really nothing wrong with choosing a sex worker RP lifestyle for your character, as long as your character actually has a life outside of that RP and actually has character development. 

I haven't seen a good Pimp RP since I joined the server 3 years ago.

The only thing the Pimp does is treat the prostitute like a cashier, get almost the 50% of the services for nothing, even if she has been beaten to death, they post the girl in the corner and bye, see you later.

About freelance prostitutes, I don't care, they're free to do whatever they want.

A couple of years ago I've tried to do something serious with a faction but someone decided to screw it up, what I had planned involved more things than that but it wasn't possible because it didn't last 2 weeks.

Edited by Jennie
  • Upvote 1
26 minutes ago, Princess said:

Aslong as it's roleplayed properly... ngl I haven't seen good pimp RP at all. Most pimps  irl take well-care of their girls and don't want a "damaged" product. 

Yeah pimps that abuse or don't take care of their girls is just silly. It's selling cars and busting the headlights with a golf club before the customer walks in to buy it. If your girls refuse to work for you because you treat them like shit and don't protect them, you're not earning any money either. I don't like the RP and would never partake in it, but I've seen a few decent, well-played prostitute characters who aren't just blatant ERPers. You do prostitution and only FTB? based IMO.

• Wuhtah locked this topic