Donda - Kanye West | first impressions and release thread

Y3

The project is way to long and not very "replayable" its the type of album you take a few songs out of and keep going, some of the features are just hit or misses and even though the production has zero flaws and the mixing and mastering is brilliant, due to the LONG ASS SONGS and the album being close to 2 hours, I've only listened to the first half and I give the first half a 7/10, not as much of a classic as his past projects but still good nonetheless.

The project itself is extremely good and I'm gonna give it a second listen like i did with Isaiah Rashaad's project, because I hated it at first and had to relisten in order to enjoy it, I might try that with this project after I actually finish it.

Hurricane had a nigga floating like this tho:

E036hW1XIAEW24i.jpg

Edited by ZaE
  • Applaud 1

Donda is a great album. I feel like it was worth the wait, and I believe it'll have the replayable factor that most albums have. All of the songs told a story, whether it be the OK OK song or No Child Left Behind. I never really fucked with Kanye West until @Y3 hit me with some of the live recorded songs and I grew to learn and understand the songs. It's not just music, Kanye released this probably in one of the worst times of his life and he killed it. 

My top 3 Kanye songs changed since Y3 converted me:

1) Jesus Lord - Kanye West
2) No Child Left Behind - Kanye West
3) No Church in the Wild - Kanye West

It's not an album, it's an experience.  💜

flat,800x800,075,f.u1.jpg

Edited by Akali
  • Upvote 1