Running RAGE MP on MacBook M1

Cedinero

Hi,

I’d like to know if anyone’s playing on a MacBook here. How do you run the game? On Parallels? How about performance?

I’ll probably just buy a PC if there’s no solution but I’d like to know if anyone has any experience with playing on a Mac.

Thank you.

I actually spent my first week back playing with a 15' Macbook Pro from 2018, with i7 and intel graphics.. Lets just say it worked -well enough- to be on and communicate, but not well enough to where I considered it playing long term, so I bought a laptop that's more built for the requirements of running GTAW smoothly. I wouldn't recommend it, but it's a good backup if your main PC ever fails or something. 

I used Parallels Desktop, and it works as if it's a Windows computer, very neat. If you're playing the steam version I've found that on either one of the computers, you have to close Steam via the task manager. 

8 hours ago, TheCed said:

Yeah I got Parallels for that but I doubt specs can run GTA V properly.

I played a tiny bit on my MacBook Pro 2018 and it runs fine on Parallels Desktop. Graphics was fine, game ran smooth on medium graphics at around 50 FPS ish and the only issue that I was facing is that the game causes the laptop to dramatically overheat, especially with the laptop being metal it was very hot to the touch. It gets hotter regardless of how you try to cool it down due to the fact that the laptop wasn't build to run Parallels Desktop and play such a graphic demanding game. 

Pretty cool to have the laptop to play for a little bit but it's completely unreliable if you're planning to play for a good amount of time. I'd buy a Windows PC or a Windows Gaming Laptop where you'll have much higher performance and you don't have to worry about overheating it half of the time. 

• Upvote 2
  • dawpi locked this topic