Remove Vapid Victor and replace it with the Stanier

kristofer

1 minute ago, Timzii said:

They've literally just REMADE it, go touch some grass and stop stressing so much over a mod which has been fixed and is decent now.

Fixed or not, that's not the point. The car itself doesn't fit in the server, that's the point I'm trying to make here. Why? It's a rebadge of a real life car, simple as that.

They done the same thing with the Kawaii, which was practically a rebadged forza car. Same case, different cars.

There's no other car in the server, it's literally a straight rebadge and I think it does not fit in the " GTA " universe.

Edited by SkiZ

If we still had the original Victor on the server? Sure, I’d say remove it; but the new version that has been made by @mario is an incredible overhaul that looks visually appealing compared to the previous version.

The original one was a ripped port and had countless visual issues as a result, but the new one that has been implemented is very much a nice model compared to the Stanier.

Gonna have to disagree with this one.

A big no, the Victor makes the game more enjoyable and cooler and so do the other new cars. I never had a problem with having the Stanier removed. Even the previous Victor, let alone the new one, it looked 100 times better than the Stanier. Plus, the controls of the Stanier, its handling, brakes and everything were so much worse than the Victor’s. 

Edited by Robert.
1 hour ago, kristofer said:

The idea of making the model from 0 was scratched to my knowledge. They're still using the old model and just lowered the poly count on it or something.

This isn't true, the model is from scratch using standard GTA assets where possible to fit into the game. As for the suggestion itself, the main users of the Victor are LEO factions who have overwhelmingly voted in favor of keeping the Victor. Since they are the ones primarily using it, I don't see a credible reason to remove it.

• Upvote 5

The Stainer looks incredibly out of place as a modern day American police cruiser and it moreso resembles a box than a car. Also, the GTA lore isn't taken IC in our universe other than replacements of car brands (Ford > Vapid etc) but as long as there's no cars going around that says Ford it's not a big deal. But the Stainer feels like a 90's Crown Vic meanwhile the Victor feels like a modern day one. It's literally just been redone and all of the issues have been fixed.

4 minutes ago, Matthew said:

The Stainer looks incredibly out of place as a modern day American police cruiser and it moreso resembles a box than a car.

Stanier isn't a modern day American police cruiser anymore, same can be said about the Ford Crown Victoria. They're both over a decade old cars.

12 minutes ago, Matthew said:

Also, the GTA lore isn't taken IC in our universe other than replacements of car brands (Ford > Vapid etc) but as long as there's no cars going around that says Ford it's not a big deal.

It kind of is when you're using a 1:1 copy of the real thing.

21 minutes ago, mario said:

As for the suggestion itself, the main users of the Victor are LEO factions who have overwhelmingly voted in favor of keeping the Victor. Since they are the ones primarily using it.

Again, don't fit in with the rest of the vehicles in the game which is a problem. What makes it even worse is that half of the law enforcement officers on the server are driving these. This would be perfect on a small FiveM server.

• KV locked and unlocked this topic
  • KV locked this topic