Lock jail slots behind a short application process.

6 hours ago, mj2002 said:

I don't want to discredit the argument made here, I can only imagine how the influx of jail characters creates a lot of bad experiences. However, I disagree with this suggestion on the principle that we should uphold all players to a high standard, not just a few. If a player is not up to the standards for jail roleplay, then they are not up to the standards for any roleplay on GTAW.

I agree, I would love to see admins observe the jail a bit more while on duty, something that will definitely help.

Id rather we have admin oversight over people who have no interest in participating in the environment in jail, rather than an application process. You can request as short an application but unless it is handled by SD, or something like that, a short application will be a bit of a wait and could discourage people from using the new system we have.

13 hours ago, mj2002 said:

I don't want to discredit the argument made here, I can only imagine how the influx of jail characters creates a lot of bad experiences. However, I disagree with this suggestion on the principle that we should uphold all players to a high standard, not just a few. If a player is not up to the standards for jail roleplay, then they are not up to the standards for any roleplay on GTAW.

There is a difference between a general ability to roleplay, and basic understanding of how someone should act while in the California Corrections system. Unless we're suggesting to start punishing people who dont RP fear while in Jail, as that would be nice. 

13 hours ago, charles said:

just make it so u have to have a certain amount of hours on the server before you can make a jail char

I reckon another discussion where this idea was fiercely criticised and arguments along the lines of "not limiting/gatekeeping people in what they wish to roleplay". So why is using the same idea acceptable now? Why limit people from wishing to roleplay a character in county jail specifically?

It does not matter if you roleplay a businessman, criminal mastermind, hoodlum or person that ended up in county - there is one standard on the server every player should be held up to; And if anyone does not meet said standard? Then it is subject to be reported, ideally improved and if their actions are for the sake of trolling - yeeted from the community.

9 hours ago, orca112 said:

I reckon another discussion where this idea was fiercely criticised and arguments along the lines of "not limiting/gatekeeping people in what they wish to roleplay". So why is using the same idea acceptable now? Why limit people from wishing to roleplay a character in county jail specifically?

It does not matter if you roleplay a businessman, criminal mastermind, hoodlum or person that ended up in county - there is one standard on the server every player should be held up to; And if anyone does not meet said standard? Then it is subject to be reported, ideally improved and if their actions are for the sake of trolling - yeeted from the community.

See the issue is that custody roleplay is just meant to be done properly. There's no inbetweeens, when it comes to custody roleplay you're either good or bad and that further affects your character progression as well as roleplay with others. I could list you like 30 no-go's that people already did and crossed their characters out at the very start and ended up only wasting the character slot, because they just made those characters and didn't put any second thought into it.

Edited by i dont wanna od in LA
On 8/28/2021 at 9:20 AM, serah said:

the quality of rp in jail has always been low. 😞 

That is not true. I've roleplayed in both SD and as an inmate (even though shortly) and I can say the RP is generally good. It's just the bad apples who are highlighted.

As for the suggestion itself, for the purpose of jail only characters, I wouldn't mind seeing it restricted to a certain amount of hours, just as PF/CCW/GC. Don't think restricting it to an application is a good idea, since that will, most likely, demotivate people to create said characters and try it out. People who RP in jail and try to generate roleplay and create a good environment there should also try and report this kind of behavior that disrupts the general atmosphere and is borderline unrealistic/rulebreaking if they spot it.