The laws and usage of RV's

Bas

Hey there, I was wondering what the laws surrounding the usage of RV's are. I'm planning to make some sort of come back after inactivity and would like to incorporate the whole idea of mobile living into it. Are there any laws prohibiting an RV being your primary place of residence? Are there laws against parking it in certain area's? And what's the script support surrounding it. Like can you set up a small little camping place with some chairs or is that impossible at the moment?

9 minutes ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

There aren't any laws surrounding usage of those. As for setting up the chair it is done via exterior mapping packs purchased with WP. 

So I could technically set up camp on any parking lot or something that I'd like that isn't part of someone's property?

I suppose you can stay until the owner of the land you're on decides they want you gone, then if you stay you're trespassing.  If you pick something owned by the city or state, they probably won't care (until they do).  But should make for fun RP if they try to make you move.

This is an IC issue. If you want to camp on someone's property you might get away with it as most people do not actually care. 

I mean, try to have common sense. You can camp in the parking lot of a shop, but you can t stay there too long. Try not to enter private properties that would start trouble (like some parking lot of a house and you camp inside his yard or sth) and you should be just fine 

2 minutes ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

I assume so. IRL if you were to set up a camp in a parking lot, there's a huge chance it's a lot owned by the city/county and that you'd be ran off for loitering, however this most likely wouldn't be the case here.

Yeah with the low amount of real estate available in the county I thought a designated place for me to put a camper would be a solution. But I'm not entirely set on it.. really depends on how I can picture it working out in the end. Thanks!

Just now, TMalkin said:

This is an IC issue. If you want to camp on someone's property you might get away with it as most people do not actually care. 

I mean, try to have common sense. You can camp in the parking lot of a shop, but you can t stay there too long. Try not to enter private properties that would start trouble (like some parking lot of a house and you camp inside his yard or sth) and you should be just fine 

Yeah for sure, I wasn't really planning on putting it up city side anyway!

Edited by Bas
26 minutes ago, Bas said:

Yeah with the low amount of real estate available in the county I thought a designated place for me to put a camper would be a solution. But I'm not entirely set on it.. really depends on how I can picture it working out in the end. Thanks!

You should be good then. It's not an uncommon thing to see people squatting or even setting up whole shanty towns in smaller towns/cities, very often on state or city property.

I mean if someone ends up shooting at you because you're on their property- That's part of the risk.

As for parking out in public area? I don't think there's law forbidding it specifically.

Though, if you're parking out in for example the state wilderness there's a good chance either SAPR will tell you to pack up or you get mauled by a coyote.

• dawpi locked this topic