Why is it always cold?

Los Santos is on an island in the Pacific Ocean laid inland in a bay, the Paleto bay.

O3RjLgg.png

San Andreas is on the west coast, and the west coast is met with cold ocean currents from the northern Pacific.

hlQVHwA.png

This means that in the summer, the ocean is cold, really cold. Swimming in the ocean in Los Santos/Angeles is always a bit uncomfortable if you don't like freezing cold water. But that has another added effect, because ocean currents don't only affect the temperature of the sea, it also affects the temperature of the air above the sea.

There is always a cold breeze coming form the north west. Since Los Santos is laid right by open waters, even more so than Los Angeles, the city itself would logically be a little colder than Los Angeles.

cipQTZa.png

WIXHi3a.png

Since Santa Maria is a whole while away and there are no hills directly to the north west of Los Santos, while there are some to the north west of Los Angeles, it is logical that Los Santos is a bit colder than Los Angeles.

Don't take this as me saying it's  cold though. It's just a little colder than its real life counter part, which is still very hot. I wouldn't mind the temperature going up by just a few degrees, three or so. But the real heat of California is far further inland. There are mountains surrounding Los Angeles and Los Santos, so everything beyond those mountains gets more and more protected from the cold air, and becomes far hotter. Mountains give way to scorching deserts. 

19 minutes ago, BINGBONGGHOST said:

Shoutout humidity and architecture designed to keep heat trapped in houses/buildings, 22 celsius in the UK vs California isn't going to feel the same.

I also wanna point out that California is not humid, it's in fact pretty dry. The east coast is the humid part of America. The heat in California is scorching, not stuffy. It has a Mediterranean climate, adjacent to cold ocean currents, so you're thinking UK if UK was at the same level of Spain. 

• Upvote 1

Assuming you like the sun and not cold, the weather in Los Angeles is nothing short of beautiful.

It doesn't have the stifling stuffy heat that you get in Florida or the dry unbearable heat you'll get in Vegas.

It, along with San Diego is among the best climates you'll ever experience on the planet.

As for temperatures - here are average daily highs (mid afternoon), and lows (night).

wBKF1XT.png

Edited by Alyssa McCarthy

Climate needs to be sectored,

"Coast, Desert, City" 

Coast: Generally cooler than the rest. 

Desert: Can be up to 30 degrees hotter than the city. 

City: Downtown LS and surrounding areas, Rockford Hills, Vinewood, Mirror Park, etc. 

Edited by Kimberly
  • Applaud 1
7 hours ago, Mullin said:

I do /weather and see the temperature at like 22 degrees Celsius, is this not hot for everyone? In UK that's fucking lovely weather. 😁

That may be UK hot but that's pretty mild for most of the US. Here its 90 degrees (32C) every day with 70%+ humidity. And this is one of the colder states. 

Edited by icarusfeather

California's weather is very diverse in it's self.  It can be cold and foggy in the 60's in San Francisco while San Diego basks in 70-80 degree weather all year around. You can drive one hour inland from San Fransisco and Sacramento is 100 degrees+. The cool air never really makes it into the central valley however.

WIth that said places along central California like Pismo Beach etc do drop quite cold at night, but in the day time in the summer will break 90+. 

But focusing on where LOS SANTOS is supposed to be while I don't mind it dropping fairly cold at night (it's by the ocean, we have cold air currents moving down) I think the day time temperatures are way below what they should be. They should definitely reach 90+ more often, especially in the summer months. 

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic