2 hours ago, akhi said:

It wouldn’t hurt having an option to choose between the online models and ped models?

Agree to disagree, I guess? Something that makes everybody look worse in comparison while not being a viable option for those who want to keep the ability to customize their character's looks and style is hurting IMO.

On 3/5/2022 at 1:50 AM, BINGBONGBALONEY said:

Not too sure what happened between then and now but all the ped skins can be customized with their set parts on the GTAW script again, I remember a ton of people having problems back on 0.3.7 with ped skins and customization. If they were implemented again it seems they'll be able to be used properly.

You can even apply the GTA:Online tattoos you'd normally use for the normal characters on peds.

Tattoos:

QSOqaNd.png

SfKbkwS.png

Changing head/clothing:

Befkwfa.png

NmjsAlD.png

n65LBS9.png

jB4PjZj.png

jtQ232v.png

Yzu14bk.gif

ALL the pednames can be found here:

https://wiki.gtanet.work/index.php/Peds

You can hop on the GTAW test server with the /skin command (the above ped was "/skin Lost01GMY") if you want to mess around with the system yourself. To change the actual characters head texture you'll need to open the old /surgery menu and select the "head" option. All the body and clothing options are under the clothing menu like normal.

@Snoof

17 minutes ago, Snoof said:

Note the "with their set parts". It's a difference between (usually) 1-3 options per item slot and hundreds, not to mention skin color and facial features.

That’s why you have ped skins as an option rather than forcing them on players. Allow people like myself who actually wants to roleplay with a ped skin instead of the online model one.

58 minutes ago, akhi said:

That’s why you have ped skins as an option rather than forcing them on players. Allow people like myself who actually wants to roleplay with a ped skin instead of the online model one.

Right, I do realize that that's the idea, but I think I already explained why I'm not a fan of it in my first post.

On 3/25/2022 at 9:06 PM, Nervous said:

The issue wasn't that they weren't working, it was leading to random crashes when lot of people were modifying it quick. It'll come back though.

Is there an estimated time till they’re back? Also I know for a fact that custom ped models can be added to the server via the server sided mods

since ped skins are confirmed to be coming back, maybe we can start thinking of a system that allows players to upload custom peds and ped components to a website where server modders can test and eventually add them to the game?

so for example a player could create a new shirt or face variation for a ped, upload it to the UCP where a modder can then download, test and add it to the server. over time we'd build up a large repertoire for ped customization and factions/civilians could have their own uniquely identifiable skins. 

hell, you could even monetize this. for $100 a player could submit their own ped or ped variations and have it unique to them if developers/modders deem it realistic enough.

Edited by .mikey
  • Upvote 2
On 4/2/2022 at 3:45 AM, .mikey said:

since ped skins are confirmed to be coming back, maybe we can start thinking of a system that allows players to upload custom peds and ped components to a website where server modders can test and eventually add them to the game?

so for example a player could create a new shirt or face variation for a ped, upload it to the UCP where a modder can then download, test and add it to the server. over time we'd build up a large repertoire for ped customization and factions/civilians could have their own uniquely identifiable skins. 

hell, you could even monetize this. for $100 a player could submit their own ped or ped variations and have it unique to them if developers/modders deem it realistic enough.

Damn, that actually sounds pretty fire if possible. Although I'm sure the the ped would have to be compatible with animations as well as definitely would require not to be too large as I'm almost certain that would create streaming issues. Good idea though. 

On 4/2/2022 at 12:45 PM, .mikey said:

Yeah I'm pretty sure custom peds can be added to the server now as well. Just want the peds back tbh

• Upvote 1
  • Exodus locked this topic