Allow people to toggle /cim's

Viscaria

Short description:  Disallowing of /cim's in the middle of roads. Allow people to toggle cim's showing in the chat when driving / walking over them.

Detailed description: Add a command to allow the toggling of cim's so that after reading them a couple of times, they don't simply become something that spams peoples chats.

Commands to add: /togglecim

Items to add: None

How would your suggestion improve the server? Lately there are far too many cim's around Davis on a lot of gang blocks and at both ends of the streets, after reading them a couple of times, and then a few more, then far into the two digits, they start simply becoming an annoyance when placed into the road and somewhat forced to drive over them. Adding the option to toggle them will allow people to continue to do this which is beneficial to their roleplay while it wouldn't bother anyone else who has already driven over and read them enough times already.

Spoiler

hcfME7i.png
7B5Kz2n.png
4JbBx2N.png
swTaDaR.png
UP5mnQA.png
xwP8XX5.png
gcUcunZ.png
LmLmmaK.png

Edited by Viscaria

The suggestion wasn't to ban them all, its mentioned, that only the ones that make sense that are actually in the road are fine. The issue is when billboard cim's are placed into the roads and you cross them far too many times per day, along with graffiti that states "the whole block has x graffiti tagged with x" and so on.

Edited by Viscaria

Whilst they are not pretty to look at, they can be useful. They are are a relatively easy way for players to let others know of what goes on around them, where the server's tools fall short. I don't mind them. If they are properly roleplayed, then they should stay. Want them gone? Then roleplaying removal and /report for them to be deleted.

Edited by mj2002

It's not really something you can roleplay removing for the most part when it comes to billboards or gang graffiti, the area where my character works from, Davis and LSIA, the amount of cims in the middle of the roads is getting to be a bit much and I've even been avoiding driving around the areas where possible. I know that sounds a bit extreme for simply a cim in the road, but that just goes to show how annoying they are getting lol.

They're quite annoying, but, they're not too intrusive honestly, I just wish there was an option where you had to opt in to see them after the first time, gets annoying seeing the same one over and over again, but if there are actual changes, I'd prefer knowing. 

• Viscaria changed the title to Allow people to toggle /cim's
  • Wuhtah locked this topic