Trouble getting used to & playing GTA W.

SouthLandLA

1st my issues started when I had desync and was accused of refusing to role-play with the police because I said I didn't see no cops due to desync. Then it was making a poor decision when getting into crash during a pursuit but instead of stopping and just surrendering I tried to do what most would've done on LS-RP and kept the pursuit going 'til I was spiked or the car was destroyed. I've tried to play Grand Theft Auto W, but find myself pondering what I can do, but I get bored and just mess around and it leads to potential trouble or I log off well I decided like I did when I originally started to take a break on Grand Theft Auto W so I've been away for a few months or so now especially since the updates made the game inaccessible but now I wanna come back but honestly I am afraid to leave the airport because I know I am gonna do something and regret it and get in trouble, I know this thread might be frowned upon but I was hoping for role-play ideas or ways to get into role-play like a Sureno gang or anything for that matter.

Personally I'd recommend you to go through some faction threads and get a grasp of how players roleplay. 

https://forum.gta.world/en/forum/6-factions/

Another thing I'd do if you'd like to avoid getting into trouble? try to be as realistic as possible and go through the forum reports and server rules. Going through the forum reports will show you why other players get in trouble, and what NOT to do in a situation so you can avoid getting in trouble. 

https://forum.gta.world/en/forum/30-server-rules/ 

https://forum.gta.world/en/forum/17-player-reports/ 

I'd definitely suggest you try legal roleplay first to avoid getting into any trouble as it is VERY easy to get in trouble with all roleplay that comes around illegal roleplay due to how serious certain situations need to be roleplayed and the standard of roleplay required. You can always use /helpme ingame if you have any questions regarding certain situations or have any general questions. I'd also suggest you join Discord and join the "#Newbie-Help" channel as you can ask unlimited questions there and somebody will always help you.

If you do decide to get into Sureno roleplay, try to go into it with an open mind and look up some guides such as this

Edited by LoLo.Jpg
On 8/24/2021 at 8:01 PM, LoLo.Jpg said:

Personally I'd recommend you to go through some faction threads and get a grasp of how players roleplay. 

https://forum.gta.world/en/forum/6-factions/

Another thing I'd do if you'd like to avoid getting into trouble? try to be as realistic as possible and go through the forum reports and server rules. Going through the forum reports will show you why other players get in trouble, and what NOT to do in a situation so you can avoid getting in trouble. 

https://forum.gta.world/en/forum/30-server-rules/ 

https://forum.gta.world/en/forum/17-player-reports/ 

I'd definitely suggest you try legal roleplay first to avoid getting into any trouble as it is VERY easy to get in trouble with all roleplay that comes around illegal roleplay due to how serious certain situations need to be roleplayed and the standard of roleplay required. You can always use /helpme ingame if you have any questions regarding certain situations or have any general questions. I'd also suggest you join Discord and join the "#Newbie-Help" channel as you can ask unlimited questions there and somebody will always help you.

If you do decide to get into Sureno roleplay, try to go into it with an open mind and look up some guides such as this

Dude this server is more complex, it's like the admins want "REALISM" but take shit waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too seriously. I just want someone who can get on and help me get around or teach me the ropes or invite me to some role-play or something, else I don't wanna even risk leaving the airport and venturing into the city of LS where admins are gonna ban the shit out of you if you don't take GRAND THEFT AUTO as seriously as they do.

I know the heavy roleplay aspect can be a bit intimidating, but don't be afraid to leave the airport. I advise that you just try to roleplay as a normal civilian, visit some open businesses and see who you can interact with. There's a very low chance that you will come into contact with trouble if you do that. I recommend going into your interaction menu as well, going to job offers>recruiting business list and maybe try to grab a script job at a 24/7 or something. It's usually very easy to roleplay and gives you some interaction with different folk. 

It can be hard joining the server and realising that their is a lot to learn.  Gtaw is supposed to be a lot more detailed than car chases and shoot outs every day ( I've been here two years and never been in a car chase). 

Having a backstory behind your character and a purpose is key, understanding it can take days and weeks to make progress is normal. There are lots of legal jobs and lots of criminals, it's just a matter if taking time to find them.

In terms of fear of leaving the airport remember to act normally if you get stopped by the police.  Show your driving licence (if you have one etc).  Just blasting off doesn't make good sense unless you really have a situation where running makes sense.

Also you need to think of real world physics with cars not GTAV.  Rolling a car is pretty much unrecoverable irl and that is what is expected to be rpd here. Just because the game lets you drive off you shouldn't.  You always have to be asking yourself "how would this play out irl"

I know that feeling, I remember GTA:W was so boring to me and I ended up doin chain car robberies and got ajailed for it. I took another long break.

When I came back, I threw everything I had learned about roleplay out the window and looked at what the requirements for this server were. I realized pretty quickly that roleplay on lsrp was simply designed for criminals, which is totally unrealistic, and I decided to approach the matter differently.

GTA:W is not as action based as lsrp where you had a huge event for your character every day.

My tip is to create a character thread in the forum and develop your character over time that helps me to stay on the ball. And like the others said, find a faction in the forums and contact the leaders and ask for help, everyone here is very helpful!

Edited by AVAR
49 minutes ago, AVAR said:

I know that feeling, I remember GTA:W was so boring to me and I ended up doin chain car robberies and got ajailed for it. I took another long break.

When I came back, I threw everything I had learned about roleplay out the window and looked at what the requirements for this server were. I realized pretty quickly that roleplay on lsrp was simply designed for criminals, which is totally unrealistic, and I decided to approach the matter differently.

GTA:W is not as action based as lsrp where you had a huge event for your character every day.

My tip is to create a character thread in the forum and develop your character over time that helps me to stay on the ball. And like the others said, find a faction in the forums and contact the leaders and ask for help, everyone here is very helpful!

Sums it up, GTAW is far different from LSRP and how that community handled things. Here people prefer more relaxed and chill Roleplay and occasionally action here and there, which makes more sense.

• 1 month later...
  • dawpi locked this topic