Enforcing Stricter Roleplay around LEO Scenes and Cadavers

12 hours ago, OneEightSeven said:

Cordoned Off Road GTA:W

Driver notices a road that has been cordoned off > finds a way to get through the scene regardless of clearly placed roadblocks

[16:58:51] Andre Thompson shouts: Go away!

[16:58:56] Redacted girl in Elegy Retro says: Calm your tits.
[16:58:57] Redacted girl in Elegy Retro says: Nigga.

• Upvote 1

Very annoying as a coroner. +1 to all. Please RP school or admin warn people who drive through LEO scenes. 75% of people like to drive through roadblocks to shave 3 seconds off of a diversion, and destroy bloodpools, casings and very often bodies themselves. 

• Upvote 1

Please. It's not entirely necessary for people to RP shock and horror when they see their 100th corpse, but it's not asking for much to have a little respect for those rping around the corpses. As a Detective myself, I spend a lot of time at scenes, and almost every single time someone will wander or drive through like it's nothing. Often when I'm just helping with scene containment, people will try to find a way around my cones and tape until I yell at them specifically to go around. Just take the extra time and divert your course instead of trying to plow through it.

On 8/24/2021 at 3:12 PM, Macarroncito said:

I can give you a lot of examples (IRL examples with documented videos) where you will see how wrong you are about this. You actually fell into using a petty reasoning like "female in mini-skirt and cat ears" because even you are probably aware of how wrong you are about this. IRL people shoots back at the first chance they have and for sure they often do it even before any shot is fired at them, just at the first hint of deadly threat.

Yes you can find a million examples for literally anything, that’s why we have YouTube warriors that justify everything they do with the same 4 videos and declare themselves the pinnacle of roleplay. Regardless, there’s a pretty reasonably distinct difference between someone doing something because “roleplay” and “character” versus doing something because “video game”. That’s what they’re discussing here. 

DM, crime commitment and police evasion in general need to go down. LEO factions get no less than 4 pursuits a day and at least 5 shootouts a day, which is highly unrealistic. People need to calm down and start developing their characters instead of spending their daily character lives evading police and shooting at each other.

Edited by Audacity
3 hours ago, Allantrist said:

Yesss! As a LEO rper it's the most annoying fucking shit ever and it doesn't make sense. People rp as if seeing dead bodies is fucking NORMAL, when it's not supposed to be.

Well, when the city's homicide rate is, what? dozens of times higher than El Salvador, I'd say it's pretty normal to see dead bodies around here. 

I've only been playing on and off for about 6 months and my character has already witnessed dozens and dozens of murders, shootings, and random dead bodies all over the place. She's been robbed at gunpoint well over a dozen times. And she's a civilian with little to no ties to illegal RP. You really expect my character to still break down and hyperventilate at the mere sight of some blood at this point? I'd say she's somewhat used to it now. Dead bodies might provoke a semi shocked reaction from her, but it's not gonna ruin her day.

• Upvote 1